The Corroboree

Question

4 answers to this question

hahaha watch this space - I got a bunnings 'trichocereus' from next to their labelled cacti labelled 'cactus'. When it's big enough - I'll be here asking the same questions :)

I just got a 'Pachanoi X Peruvianus' looks very very very similar - was wondering if it was Cuzco and the seller (ebay) didn't want to explain.

I'd say T. cuzcoensis just on first site, but oh my, I am rarely one to call something a "hybrid," but this plant totally strikes me as a T. cuzcoensis x BC/PC Trichocereus. Very pretty plant, and I don't even care for the T. cuzcoensis plants much.

~Michael~

hehe momomoto that ones from bunnings too.

Thanks Michael, much appreciated. Just to help my ID skills, what about it makes it a hybrid?

Had the choice between this or a pach, glad I grabbed this one. Something a bit different for the collection :)

Thanks Michael, much appreciated. Just to help my ID skills, what about it makes it a hybrid?

Well I know better to call something a hybrid when there is not proof, I only said that it "strikes me" as a "hybrid," not that I was claiming it was. Thing is to me it doesn't quite fit T. cuzcoensis, nor the BC/PC plant, but has what looks to me like features of both. Call it intuition if you want, but don't call it anything near fact.

~Michael~