The Corroboree
Teotzlcoatl

Watering Trichocereus Everyday

These are cactus.......every day watering is un- naural.

I disagree that at least some Trichocereus do not experience a few consecutive days of rainfall sometime during the year in their natural environment... In fact, I believe this is very common.

Yes you are correct in their natural, Native state, however, watering in pots everyday gives them no incentive to grow deep massive roots and seach out water, hence growing "lazy" weak root systems. This is just my opinion and I've done controls both ways... you're experiencing acceptable results, rock on.

There is that conventional wisdom about stressing the plants as well. Depends, I guess about your desired end results. Everyone has their own styles. What works or one doesn't or others. things also depend on temperature, altitude, sunlight intensity....Etc. etc.

everyday is ok here in nor cal. if your plants are potted and get Full sun. they are bone dry by noon depending on soil and pot. when i started growing tricos my friend said to just recycle the soil from my indoor, which was 50%perlite. if i didn't water them daily they got dehydrated, watered daily they stayed really plump and grew Fast. also fed very heavily with Botanicare grow and bloom mixed at pretty high ppm(like enough for herb...)

so with an airy mix, very hot days and full sun i think everyday watering can be good. as long as they dont stay soggy

ideally, a large box/pot with rich soil shouldn't need such frequent watering/ and now that i live in a cooler shadier spot once a week is plenty during summer heat

Right, so watering everyday is fine for some cacti depending on your climate!