The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
farmeroz

SAB product images

Ive noticed there are lots of products with no images on the SAB site. Would it be worth while getting ppl to send in pics of the stuff they have got growing to get more thumbnails for the seeds and stuff?

Ive noticed there are lots of products with no images on the SAB site. Would it be worth while getting ppl to send in pics of the stuff they have got growing to get more thumbnails for the seeds and stuff?

Quite a lot of the time when we put up new products we don't actually have any of them ready packed yet [they usually come back from our packers a week or so after we put them up]. And with plants the problem is that our nursery manager puts them up from the nursery computer.

So it is really up to me to add images sometime after the item has been put up and I kinda do that in batches. Having images to draw on would be a huge help as it means I can do it late at night when I get bored but don't have access to the camera.

So yeah, great idea. Feel free to post any pics of new products in this thread. Try to use plain backgrounds, preferably in colours that match this site [white is easiest].

Thanks!!

Heres's a pic of the results of SAB Syrian Rue seeds. Kinda fits the category, I guess.

They were planted about 1 month ago, and took about 10 days to sprout - after a good storm actually!

The germination rate was maybe 50%, some of them actually choked on their own seed caps - so better to sprout them in cotton or something first - the germ rate would have been closer to 90%, sorry my bad.

Adding insult to injury, I had some yucky mould creeping into the seed-tray, since I figured they wouldn't need to fight this stuff in their natural habitat I withheld water for a couple of days, to bay off the mould attack - unfortunately a really hot day fried all but one of them while I was at work (oh yeah my greenhouse blew apart in the storm, exposing some harsh rays).

It's a delicate balance at times, but I know this guy's got the genes to cope with the extremes.

This ends my 'Skippy the lucky Syrian Rue' story, I hope you enjoyed it. Thankyou.

Edit it at your whim Torsten - pick it apart for faults here too If you need :ana:

post-5125-1232365244_thumb.jpg

Edited by momomoto

All ive got thats in flower at the moment is some Cotton :) (flowers only last a day or two)

post-4902-1236151655_thumb.jpg