The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
educate

Rupert's Magic Medicine

:) This is a book I found in a secondhand shop for my son. Makes me laugh every time I read it!

post-4917-1230437868_thumb.jpg

post-4917-1230438247_thumb.jpg

post-4917-1230438283_thumb.jpg

post-4917-1230438297_thumb.jpg

Santa has two spoonfuls of the medicine. He begins to smile
That medicine worked so fast - it must be magic

Thanx educate

This has put a smile on my dial too. :)

Rupert's Magic Medicine strike again!

Edited by Mundi

Anyone got Uncle Bruno's number?

:lol:

at a building site, my brother unearthed a nice bottle that said 'vegetable painkiller' if i remember correctly. it looked just like that.

at a building site, my brother unearthed a nice bottle that said 'vegetable painkiller' if i remember correctly. it looked just like that.

well that bottle was most likely an old patent medicine bottle that in all likelyhood probably contained at least morphine/opium and probably a good possibility some coca/cocaine as well.

and if it was a "nice" bottle....he could probably sell it online for around a 100$....sometimes more.

medical antiques have a good resale.....Dr's have lots of money usually...and a good portion of the people that collect such stuff are probably Dr's or at least in the health profession.

I know of an old antique store...that has a box behind and under the counter that is full of old medicines. not just the hardware...but the actual drugs themselves.

I did find one box that has a bunch of "bindle" wax paper envelopes..printed with the name of a vegetable painkiller company. and of course, as with patent medicines...no ingredients listed.

each little bindle has a small amount of powder...say, 100 milligrams or a little more.

its a very interesting find....probably costs a decent amount of money...and there is a good possibility that there is morphine in those bindles.

it was real interesting to see that package...and then compare to the wax paper bindles that are sold generally on the east coast of the USA.

not alot changed in all those years!

finding an old morphine bottle is a dream of mine.

I did find a nice little tiny blue glass vicks vapor rub bottle...about 2 inches long...it even had a working lid with the aquamarine top. it was buried in the ground...but for some reason the lid still had some paint intact.

but, someone probably stole it from me.