The Corroboree
Alice

Goji berry at bunnings

Hi all,

Just letting you know that i saw a bunch of Lycium barbarum plants at the local bunnings yesterday. about 15 bucks a pot. some people here might be interested. I reckon any store could get them in if you ask nicely.

Actually I've found a bunch of cool stuff there over the years. In addition to the usual Ham's cacti, I've found coffee plants, tea plants, toothache plants, a bunch of funky stuff in the herb herbert's range, some good wattles, areca's, phalaris's etc

In fact i've almost always found some cool stuff at most nursery's I visit, not necessarily exotic or particularly rare, but interesting that some nursery owner chose to order them despite the stock not being high selling like your regular azaleas, camelias, aggies etc. Keep those eyes open and you never know what you might find.

hahaha, I remember being informed by a certain silly someone that they had attempted injesting what they thought was some kind of psychoactive cacti being sold at the local Bunnings.

I'm guessing their 'trip' was pretty messy.

Got a Fittonia from my local Bunnings ( as well as the mandatory grab bag of Ham's cacti).

I order for my local Bunnings nursery so if people are ever after anything in particular i can check out our suppliers and see whats available... it's pretty standard as we all have same suppliers but obviously stock different things for different states... but i can still get whatever...

What is Ham's cacti?

Cacti growers in NSW that supply to bunnings, kmart, big w etc. The often send out trich's, astro's, TBM etc to the stores.

Buntings in Brisbane also have Trich's from time to time. Not sure if they're from this'Ham's Cacti' or another grower. Although maybe they don't' now, with them being illegal and all here.

I didn't think Trich's were illegal in QLD, thought it was just Loph's?

In Qld, they're technically illegal if they contain mescaline and cant' be sold or possessed. If you were raided by police for some ethno drug reason you'd get done, but otherwise nobody is going to know, I'd imagine.