The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
mutant

Future plans about private ethnogarden

When i had an allotment i found the regular! mandrake liked an open soil that had been double dug,i single dug the peganum beds and whilst they grew they were nothing to write home about.

The mandrake was also mulched with horse shit and straw that was not especially well rotted.

I'm guessing peaches,nectarines and citrus are all doable,you lucky devils.

Sounds like a FUN project man.

I realize you probably know this but, just reminding ya - don't forget to plant Mitragyna speciosa with your Salvia. :drool2: Mmmmmmmmmmm.

Is Khat difficult to grow in Greece? Wow who'd o' thunk it? In Australia it's SO compliant, I can' think of an easier plant to grow (off-hand). I love Khat!

Edited by the germinator

Hello Tinky, I had no idea you were registered in these forumz.

Psychotria viridis I think that is very difficult to grow in Greece.

S. divinorum needs a greenhouse

Erythroxylum is out of the question to grow

Nicotiana will destroy the place because the second year the place will be filled with this plant

As for khat I think that it's a bit difficult to grow.

Additions to your garden are :

Peganum harmala

Naga jolokia [the hottest chili in the world]

mandragora autumnalis (works better in greece than M.officinalis) [if you search you can find seeds, but I'll give you next year if mine will give me some]

So, why are Psychotria and erythroxylum difficult to grow? Yeah, Nicotiana [f.e. rustica] as well as various Salvia spp have a serious weed potential here... Why Erythroxylum are out of the question? Is it because you dislike stimulants? :P

yeah I know Salvia Div will be difficult to grow, and a greenhouse is propably the best bet... but I will give some attempts to such plants in ground nevertheless...But especially why Khat??? I am quite sure it's gonna be one of the easiest once it grows up a bit.

I haven't yet found any tips germinating khat seeds, germinator please give me your lights... I have opened up a thread about such plants. Also, is mitragyna similar to its need with Sally Div?

Also, I don't dig hot peppers, but I love them as plants and already have several kinds... And sure, I wanna hava a mandrake, but still haven't got the chance to search for one.... Tinky, also remember we are much more south than you... Peganun is surely on the list, yeah..

I'm guessing peaches,nectarines and citrus are all doable,you lucky devils.
Yeap you're right. they are, these plus many more Edited by mutant

I sift coarse propagating sand then nuke it in the mic for a couple minutes. Used this clean sand in seedling punets, plant Khat seed ~5 - 10mm and cover. Keep moist and warmish (not cold anyway). Mine started sprouting about 2 weeks later. Don't let the seedlings dry out or become too hot etc.. Use your better judgment from here.

Good luck.

I water the seedlings with a fine mist pump only.

EDIT: Keep the seedlings protected from direct sunlight. Over here it only takes an hour or so of strong full sun to fuck very young 1s (not always though).

Edited by the germinator

What do you think of indoor attempt, as it's winter here now anyways... up to ~5 C usually , outside.... Could one use a cacti set-up ?

How long do you think fresh seed lasts?

If I were you I'd try to germinate some seed inside the house now, in a heated room and if you get a decent result, plant the rest, if nothing comes up wait 'til late Spring/early Summer and try again.

I don't see any reason why a cactus set-up wouldn't do the job. Khat appears to like humidity but I don't know how humid would be too humid? I know they love being misted once or twice a day, mine do anyways.

As for seed, I've never stored it for longer than a couple of days, Khat's my favorite plant so whenever I get seed, which hasn't been often, I plant them straight out. Always after more... :lol:

Can you buy this plant in your country?

EDIT: I just looked at your cacti set up. Yeah, that would probably work well, it wouldn't be too bright I don't think. Try and keep the temp as close to about 25C if possible, my little seedling house got really hot on Tuesday, I left it out for about 2 hours then realized and bought it in, the smallest seedling looked dead, all wilted etc.. (they're only really small, about 1 - 3 weeks old) it's looking much better now, still not 100% but I'm optomistic it will fully recover (from near death), lucky it's Khat, a lot of other plants would have died for sure!

Edited by the germinator

Thanks mate...

thing is the seeds did [edit] NOT sprout this summer/late spring.... so..... I don't have much hope... Please let me know if you learn about some vendor who sells viable seed....

and, no, catha material is banned, and it's pretty known in europe, propably due to african immigrants... the ethno thing is very limited if not non-existent here, you have to be lucky and well informed to find something worthy...

Edited by mutant