The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
reptyle

Depression is...the name of a song...

Walking along the road today soaking up the brilliant rays of light hidden in the darkness of the interior of my mind, i came to contemplate depression and its potential treatment or more aptly describe the state such that once it is recognized it no longer causes suffering and can be accepted as a procession of important changes.

firstly it appears that depression occurs at the junctions between phases of the life cycle, such as in the transition from teen to adult, and in the typical mid life crises. There also appears to be a correlation between in visioning a life devoid of change, such as a person stuck in a "dead end" job, a person with a chronic condition or the true realization of mortality prior to the formulation of rationalization protocol to deal with such an uncertainty.

So it occurred to me that it may infact be the mind reducing the high frequency thought process which usually flutter by with relatively little consequence such that appropriate care may be taken in the processing and conscious recognization and reformatting of the implications of the flowing data. This reduced rate of processing gives rise to what would appear to be apathy, malaise and discontent, all which under instinctual behavior patterns would result in action being taken to alleviate the suffering in ones own experiences, and this does happen. however, a doctor and a pill cannot fix a broken life, although they may be a gateway. the acceptance of new directions and understanding and confrontation of the fears involved in this, will effectively speed up the thought transfer and rebalance the neurochemistry, the mind providing continuing inertia based on its own cyclic feedback systems.

This got me to thinking about harmala alkaloids and the amazing level of not-so-spontaneous motivation and embrace of all things novel/mutable that arises from use, the uncertainty that exists within reality is infact a utiliseable function under which the mind can morph negatives into positives and push the flow of events into an eternally accelerating level of awareness and interactivity.

Ask and ye shall receive...above all remember how to ask. A life is but a dream in the eye of the one....Innocent dreamer...i think not.

How to ask...

remember that song in that movie you saw but you cant remember how it goes...even though you've heard it a thousand times...you even remember its name, and the person who plays it...but the melody....simply escapes you....

remember the feeling of having no-thing in your mind, other than a faint whisper of the sounds that linger just out of reach of your tongue...hiding in a space of "trying to remember"...that feeling is a question...what are you trying to remember.

I'm glad i remember that God loves everything...

blessings...

great post reptyle. in the past i found you interesting but mysterious. it's good to see more clarity in your posts (so we can interpret them sober). your advice on how to ask is worth investigation :)

Very nice Chris... pretty well spot on to my thoughts on the subject as of late. Especially in in my observations of others.

Also was thinking about not just those big phases of life you mentioned but those brief transitions between paths in life - you notice it a lot for example when somebody is between jobs (and its not just the financial root being the cause), or basically when a certain path you have chosen in life is nearing an end and you a struggling to find direction to a new one. Its that real state of limbo I think that definately contributes a lot to depression with many people and I think certainly did for me at many times... the state of not knowing what one should be doing I guess.

And agreed with ThunderIdeal - good to see a bit more clarity in your posts... sometimes I find that your prose like writing (despite being very pleasant to read) can be hard to keep up with, like you've got so many thoughts flowing through your brain and trying to condense them all into a short piece of writing.

Peace and love...