The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
infinite_monkey

any interesting datura

looking for any interesting datura out there like to vary the gene pool a little and try some cross pollination can send back any interesting results

Um....

Which particular pool are we talking of?

There are many species. My fav so far is the Meteloides but i havent grown out the really stunning Metel group yet like the fastuosum section.

Im hoping to find the purple Metel, i found it once in fremantle but didnt know what it was then.

Ive just put in some wrightii and ferox so il take photos later in the year.

Reville

[This message has been edited by Darklight (edited 17 December 2002).]

i've got 8 metels happily expanding in the hothouse even tho' the temp today hit 51 degrees in there. giving them plenty of water at the moment. they're the hindu? double whites that i got from the afsr in feb. i'll make seeds available if i'm successful.

Guest reville

The whole 'Hindu' thing is just a name i assigned to them to differentiate from the generic 'Datura'

My Book on Chinese herbs call D metel the Hindu datura on account of its origins in that region (South asia) whereas the species D ferox i think is more of a chinese Original.

They also call D wrightii the hairy leaf Datura which ive also stuck with.

The one i was handing out was the one that was sent by Fractal, which was also sent by Gem, and is the same strain mandragora had trouble germinating,

I have one other seed source but only in very small Q's though ive sent some out and hopefully these people wil have success and return a heap.

i have the purple metel darklight that should be seeding soon if you would like

amd water dragon i would love some of the double whites that would be most lovely