The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Smiling Cloud

What strain of kratom?

I have been reading a bit on kratom of late and was wondering what was the name of the strain that was really common in aus before it was banned and everyone ripped up their plants, burned them and then salted the earth where they once stood? Was it the rifat or craigs clone? Also what is the difference between various strain. Like bali and indo strains? I didn't think it was a selectively bred plant as i seem to remember that seeds do not germinate. So is all the hype of different strains bogus and does it just come down to different trees as it says in the web-store. Also when it was legal did anyone actually report any decent effects? If so, at what time of the year was it? A long time ago i know but if anyone could remember that would be good.

thanks all

Hi Smiling Cloud! Most available Kratom is Indonesian. I remember that most of your questions have already been answered in some old kratom threads! Use the search engine and check them out first! Seeds definately germinate but have to be fresh. bye Eg

Sorry for asking, its prolly been covered, but since this thread is already up, Are seeds still illegal? or is it just the actual plant?

If there not, anyone know where i can get some :) ? (seeds)

The Rifat clone is the most common, outside of Thailand, and has found it's way

around the world. If you search a bit around this web site, I think you'll come

upon some information about a gentleman named Claude Rifat. This is ground

zero for Claude Rifat's work with kratom!

Just for the record, there is a strain from Thailand called maang daa which means

"pimp" or pimp's kratom and is by far the most potent I've ever had. It's getting

rather common on the internet kratom dealers sites. Funny in a way, maang daa

actually means cockroach and is what Thai people call a pimp, so a lot of these

internet kratom shops, boasting about their pimp kratom, don't know they're actually

advertising "cockroach kratom."