The Corroboree
Jesus On Peyote

Aero Garden

Hiyas,

Iv been seeing some adds for this aero garden contraption on tv quite abit lately, im sure most of you have also, has anyone bought one or tried it?

Im pretty sure its an aeroponic system (root misting) and it looks pretty interesting but from what iv seen you can supposedly only grow certain seed packs they sell, but im guessing with a bit of modification ittle be possible to pop in any plant you wish and add a higher lumen light to pump out more power from it.

One of the good features about it is that its has a monitoring system that tells you about nutrient and water levels without the need for ph/ppm testing and the like (not 100% sure on that one)

Been seriously thinking of buying one just to test it out, but its abit expensive, round the $250 mark so thought ild see if anyone else has tried it.a

Peace

ED- http://www.aerogarden.com.au/Default.asp?bhcp=1

Link for those who havent seen it.

Edited by Jesus On Peyote

these have been around for a number of years overseas

http://www.aerogrow.com/

i think they would be fine for a bench top source of kitchen herbs if u was limited for space but not really practical for much else,

plus aeroponic systems are easy to make at home and probably slightly cheaper. :)

if your interested in aeroponics u may find this site informative

http://biocontrols.com/

Cool links guys,

I dident realize they've been around for so long, guess austrtalia just got them in recently, or at least started advertising them.

Aquaponics sounds kind of strange lol, fish in the water tank? makes sense i guess, thanks for the link PH, ill check it out and find out some more bout it.

Is this a newer technique then aeroponics? and much of a difference in growth speed and flower size between the two?

Peace

Edited by Jesus On Peyote

:worship: Greetings & salutations. Just a quick hello to you all. I will be buying one of these soon as my partner Cathy ( SHE WHO MUST BE OBEYED ) is always wanting fresh herbs in the kitchen. We are living in Bris at the moment but are planning on moving west at the end of the year so there was no point in starting a garden in suburbia. This may well keep her from ranting and raving about "fresh herbs" as she whips up her gastronomical delights in the kitchen. Hope to take delivery next week.

I found the Corroboree forum through the Shaman website a few weeks ago, dont remember how i got there though.

Once I have it up and running I can post some pics at intervals to show you how it performs.That is of course if you'all interested.

All the best,

John.

Thanks for the welcome. It's a great and informative forum. Must admit though, a lot of it is over my head but we all need to start somewhere.

Yea its great, when i first got here i dident know anything, now, i still dont know too much lol, but it all depends on how high your interest levels are, and for what aspect of enthnos, or gardening in general your into. its also cool to just talk about whatever with like minded people, anyway.

Iv come across http://www.jasons-indoor-guide-to-organic-...s-system-2.html

this site, it has a homemade bodgy looking aero system. but it actually doesent look too bad, with a few mild adjustments could be good. i wouldent mind trying a few specific plants in a small aero system to see how good of a specimen we can get out of them. 90% of the marketing for these types of systems are for cannabis, ild like to test some results out on Psychotria, or khat and other enthobotanicals.

the link i gave above has a list of plants that have been successfully grown in airponics

i have given a direct link to the list page

http://biocontrols.com/aero19.htm#Top

it may give u some ideas as to what can and cant be grown and a rough idea of how long to expect it to start showin

i dont currently have anything in airoponics so i cant show but ive had tomatoes,strawberry,herbs,lettuce,small leaf ficus,japanese box,trich/scop,chinese elm,chinese jade all growing successfully in a fairly simple set-up, so yeah give it a go.

i'd love to have the time at the moment to try some of the more difficult ethnos but ive kinda got over the hydo buzz at the moment.

keep us all updated if ya do, might inspire me to set-up

oh yeah and welcome j12g alot of us here know fkall (just nod appreciatively every now and then and no-one will be the wiser :wink: )

lookin forward to your report on the aerogarden