The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
cycle

David Holmgren launches futurist website

he is a lofty thinker and escapes my interest. i wish he could tell me the smartest location to start building my war-like permaculture dictatorship.

obviously the reason when i downloaded that interview it WAS an audio file.

he is a lofty thinker and escapes my interest. i wish he could tell me the smartest location to start building my war-like permaculture dictatorship.

Maybe I'm dense but I'm not sure what you mean. :huh:

lofty... given the areas that he talks about, it's way beyond my level of thinking. it also doesn't give me much information that is directly useful and helps me to help the situation in some small way. for instance, i don't know a good location where my burgeoning permaculture warrior society can begin taking over the world without excessive fear of rising water levels, acid rain, extreme weather and zombie cows.

Start where you are.

Have no fear-learn to adapt.

His writing style does tend to bore me, but I like some of his ideas. Rather than giving everyone their unique answers, he's trying to get you to THINK.

lofty... given the areas that he talks about, it's way beyond my level of thinking. it also doesn't give me much information that is directly useful and helps me to help the situation in some small way. for instance, i don't know a good location where my burgeoning permaculture warrior society can begin taking over the world without excessive fear of rising water levels, acid rain, extreme weather and zombie cows.

His first principle is "Observe and Interact" - you can't get much more practical than that. :lol:

http://www.permacultureprinciples.com

edit: double post

Edited by cycle