The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
nabraxas

biofuels compared

I don't know how many people know this but the diesel engine was first designed to run on peanut oil.

That was an interesting graphic above, I would have thought hemp oil would have been the obvious choice. No doubt hemp could save the planet if the powers that be took off the blinkers.

Realistically I think electric is the way foreward. We already have very efficient brushless motors that can power vehicles all we need is better energy storage. Batteries are the bottleneck. If only we had "Mr Fusion" generators :)

yea same,biofuals just cause other problems, as weve been seeing with food prices (supposedly).

We eaither need a whole new ground breaking type of engine that uses somthing completely different, or electricity (which i have seen a few good newer,more effeciant models coming out soon).

Orrrr we can go old school, and just ride horses, or even better, bikes!

Peace

biofuels are ok (like e10and whatnot) but ethanol and other biofuels just arent practical wen u consider land use and transport to refineries etc, i agree with electricity, as soon as nuclear fusion is up and running we will be all go :) (Yes i am pro nuclear power) but there are other ideas like hydrolisis engines, this might work and maybe one day we will fuel our cars with water that can be recycled over and over, of course u still need some electricity to start the process but hey, just maybe. Batteries improving will be the solution to this problem if people stop seeing the need to own a V8 car that can go 300kmh (Despite the speed limits preventing them from doing this...most of them anyway...pointless IMHO) And why people dont just use more public transport or walk or ride a bike (as Jesus on Peyote mentioned) astounds me, i mean the obesity epidemic is going to do so much damage to the world it wouldnt surprise me if it was the end of the western nations one day, the health care system will be the first to suffer. i have radical views on what health care obese people who arent obese for a valid medical reason should have access to, but i wont go into that at risk of offending someone...or sounding like the new hitler, and because its off topic.

Peace,

Mind

Edited by MindExpansion