The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
t st tantra

justicia pectoralis v stenophylla?

i was offered offered j pectoralis recently as a trade item.when it arrived it seemed to be v stenophylla.

the dried/damaged leaf tips have a faintish but distinctive smell[coumarins?].it interacts with my senses speaking of psychoactivity,i almost get off on the aroma.my girlfriend discribes it as sweet like vanilla.

as it seems to be calling me,i expect to try it very soon,but given the reported deaths of shamen from snuffs containing it ithought i'd ask for any advice or experiences first.given its regular snuff use i assume lower doses to be safe.i know nothing of coumarins[?}.

t s t .

edit

Edited by Rev

excelent someone else thinks it smells like sweet vanilla -i was told i was crazy. And i would have to agree the smell is somewhat alluring, it tickles my fancy i must admit

[ 12. May 2003, 14:21: Message edited by: infinite_monkey ]

non expert guess

medical coumarin,dicoumarol is an anticoagulant,compared in mims to warfarin i think,so an od is basically bleeding to death.

beyond that a whole new area of warnings are encountered.single dose effects may last up to a week.undetected medical conditions may be effected by bleeding,interactions with other drugs effect cloting this list includes maoi.

it also inhibits the metabolism of drugs including phenytoin,phenobarbitone and tolbutamide.dose up to 300mg daily,though 100mg daily has killed by severe haemorrage.very dangerous if pregnant.

the smell to me appears only in dried material,like blackened leaf tips.

t s t .

forgot to mention complications if you need medical or dental surgery.

is the person who ate a fresh leaf feeling lucky?

actually my hope is that a low dose might be more acurately compared with an asprin.

thinking more on the smell,i wonder if its almost active as an inhalant,esp if you had a big mature plant.

t s t .

i tell this story because it happened but find it hard to believe.

two shivaite gnomes were walking in a garden after their devotions,they looked at a justicia pvs which often drew their attention.one picked an old leaf tip,one cm long max,and rolled it into a ball about the size of a match.then sniffed while rolling under his nose a number of times,he did the same for his friend,who reacted to a burning menthol effect in her nose,with a good clearing of her sinuses.the first gnome did not notice this effect,but an hour later his ear canals and sinuses were clearer than for quite a long time.the definite tone of the plant was noticable for the next 12 hours at least,and most psychoactives seemed enhanced with said tone for a similar period.many unusual body feelings were felt at this time,though aprehension may have been responsable 4 some at least of these.generally feelings of wellbeing were felt not heavy paranoia.

as it is likely doses are accumulative like ratsack,one week will be left between investigations.

t s t .

[ 01. June 2003, 08:30: Message edited by: t st tantra ]

the gnome had been sent a bag of dried jpvs leaves by a friendly gnome.about 2gms,when it arrived he was disappointed by the greenish grassy unpleasant smell.however after a week he checked the bag and inhaled a strong smell as prev discribed and again his devotions were hightened by the tone of the plant.he was so overcome he had to sit outside in the rain to gather himself and enjoy the elements.

t s t .

there is some stuff on this plant at erowid,no real experiences though,only mention of dose is that jpvs leaves were mixed in equal amounts with virola extract then ash was added.

warnings about the flash point of coumarin may indicate that it could be vaporized by the friction between fingers rubbed together.

the gnome discribed the effects of his accidental inhalation as being similar to 'someone unexpectantly slipping a small dose of 5X into his mix'.

t s t .