The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
XipeTotec

For Sale or Trade, Sceletium emarcidum cuttings

just in case anyone has any questions about these cuttings - I got some from X a couple of months ago and they are going great. all of the cuttings took and with winter coming they are good to have around.

just in case anyone has any questions about these cuttings - I got some from X a couple of months ago and they are going great. all of the cuttings took and with winter coming they are good to have around.

glad to hear that they are going well.... my plants have really gone off over the last few weeks. I would be offering tort cuttings aswell, but I have sort of lost track of the tort mother plants, except for one... which I will have to establish some plants from, and label this time :) Thanks for the plug water, you were great to deal with... very friendly :)

Edited by XipeTotec

Guest Øskorei

What are people's best methods for getting cuts to root ? I did so a while ago, just plugged em into a slightly sandy general purpose mix, and they went fine. This time round though Im having some trouble getting them to take, and need to get some more established, as my last harvest of a few post (yielded 1.5kg!) saw me taking them down a bit too close to the surface, and womt aren't bouncing back :( Lesson to others, leave some of the plant material when harvesting, don't find out the hard way like this dickhead. Fortunatley there still enough to keep stocks going (and I have about 40grams finished product!!) but its frustrating to see 2/3rd of my sceletiums are now gone due to my own hand.

What are people's best methods for getting cuts to root ? I did so a while ago, just plugged em into a slightly sandy general purpose mix, and they went fine. This time round though Im having some trouble getting them to take, and need to get some more established, as my last harvest of a few post (yielded 1.5kg!) saw me taking them down a bit too close to the surface, and womt aren't bouncing back :( Lesson to others, leave some of the plant material when harvesting, don't find out the hard way like this dickhead. Fortunatley there still enough to keep stocks going (and I have about 40grams finished product!!) but its frustrating to see 2/3rd of my sceletiums are now gone due to my own hand.

I just cut the stem fresh and left to dry for a day or so. then I just stuck them in a pot with regular potting mix and watered lightly. I made sure they didn't get too much water until they had started growing.

They were in my bathroom that gets morning (summer) sun. since its got a bit colder they are starting to take off.

:)

im interested but can not commit $20 at this stage of my life. How about 5 for $10?

yeah... with the the postage etc, its not really worth doing it for $10, which is why i do the 10 for $20. Sorry about that. let me know if you change your mind

post-3993-1219366428_thumb.jpg

best 10 sticks of anything i've gotten in the post for a redback...so far...

thaks xipe...your my hero :wub: