The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
liftyourskinnyfists

Need information on absinthe production

I need to write a paper for an economic botany class on "the process involved in transforming a plant product into a useful commodity." Although there is a huge amount of published information concerning the colorful history, mythology, and culture surrounding absinthe, I can't find much information on the aspects of absinthe production (harvesting, storage conditions, distillation, transportation, machinery use, costs, waste produced, etc).

I'm hoping some of you have some good resources in mind. It only has to be 5-10 pages, so I'm sure there's enough information, it's just a matter of finding it. I do have the option of backing out and trying something else, but I only have till the end of the month.

Thanks a lot.

I hate to say "UTSE", but there has been some valuable information shared on these forums about the finer details of distillation procedures....It's not something I know much about, which is why I suggest doing a search

www.homedistiller.org - not specific, but have a hunt around, great site.

Somewhere here I have a printed pdf called "the absinthe manual" or similar, if it surfaces int he neat future I'll scan you the guts of it.... covered a few dif approaches, "traditional" vs "commercial" manufacture, downsides of lead and rampant consumerism, great stuff.

good luck

VM