The Corroboree
puck

EGA changed my life

So, to Ronnie and all the rest of ya i didn't get to meet -

just wanna say a big 'cheers' for taking the time and effort to organise EGA.

my life changed in so many ways, and i'm gonna bore you with a few. i hope some others will do the same.

1. i became a shaman. (and no i'm not braggin. i realise i am not top shit. i am bottom shit.)

2. i left my wife. (well, it took a couple of weeks to sink in, but that was the turning point.)

3. i met a beautiful person for whom i fell and with whom i ain't got a snowball's chance.

4. i had Mushies for the first time (see #s 1 and 3, and to a lesser extent, 2.)

5. i met my only living hero. (ok, have since realised there's two more, but anyway...)

6. i TRIPPED with my only living hero. (something tells me Ghandi wouldn't've been up for it.)

7. i was invited to study abroad with my only living hero. (Jesus of Nazareth was before my time, unfortunately.)

8. i found an outlet for my Messianic complex. (in time, my children, in time. Shane and Margaret know what i'm talkin about.)

9. i got first subjective evidence of past life. (see #3. unless it was a party where i'd met her before, and i forgot or something.)

10. life has been a constant tantric spiritual orgasm of synchronicity and synergistic syncretic amalgamation of experience ever since. nothing like psilocybin and the dissolution of conceptual and relational frameworks to enable the influx of deific energy and an appreciation of the sacredness of the physical realm. well, if you've got anything else that'll do it, i'd be willing to try.

kinda get the feeling my wife ain't so happy i went, but.

still, here's an opportunity to say Thanks, and let us all know how EGA catalysed your life for better or worse. or even better.

Edited by puck

kinda get the feeling my wife ain't so happy i went, but.

still, here's an opportunity to say Thanks, and let us all know how EGA catalysed your life for better or worse. or even better.

or, if it was the catalyst for you to incriminate yourself??

C'mon Xip, will you ever actually post anything with any sort substance to it? I dont browse here a lot, but pretty much every one of your posts I've read is is negative.

Hardly incriminating - some dude somewhere ate a few mushrooms and had a life changing experience.... SOMEONE CALL THE FEDS!!

Puck - great to hear you had such a positive and profound experience!!

I thought EGA was life changing for me too, just not in any profound way. Anything one undertakes in life seems to change it in some way - just in varying degrees, from a completely subtle change you may not even notice to completely profound, spiritual realisation that can completely alter ones patterns of thinking or personal habits completely.

EGA for me was more just a really really good fun adventure and it was great to meet so many plant heads in one gathering with similar ideals, in such an amazing setting in a part of the country that I never knew existed.

C'mon Xip, will you ever actually post anything with any sort substance to it? I dont browse here a lot, but pretty much every one of your posts I've read is is negative.

i hardly think my posts are negative.

EGA changed my life...

Id just like to add that if you go to a second EGA, it doesn't change your life bacc again. :D

:worship: E :worship: G :worship: A :worship:

Nice one puck, excellent and groovy announcement, indeed.

What are you going to study?

Past life regression?

or Ethnobotany :rolleyes:

Id just like to add that if you go to a second EGA, it doesn't change your life bacc again.

Well I certainly hope I get to confirm that hypothesis!

Edited by Micromegas

me too! Not as significant I guess. But I have been reconnecting with the natural world in a huge way ever since EGA. And I'm about to start a permaculture design course. I doubt any of this would have happened this way if not for EGA. Much thanks once again to all involved :lol:

Not as significant I guess. But I have been reconnecting with the natural world in a huge way ever since EGA. And I'm about to start a permaculture design course. I doubt any of this would have happened this way if not for EGA.

contradiction in terms? not quite understanding how permaculture design course could be not considered 'significant'. sounds farken awesome, cyc.

and thanks, Bacc: you brought a huge grin to my gob with that.

Micro: past life regression is a study i'm doin daily with tryin to figure out where the fuck i've met peeps before. helluva lotta soulful peeps met and loved in months since. well, mayb Dennis is one, who cares? ethnobotany, tho, is gonna be the unit that completes my undergrad.

Good point. I suppose it is pretty significant for me. I've been into permaculture for quite a while but I sort of let it fall by the wayside so this course will hopefully help me to integrate it into my life.

Thunderideal, I'd love to let you know how it goes :lol:

i'm a bit cynical TBH or i would have already done at least one. that's why i'm keen to hear about it :D and i'm glad that you're already familiar with permaculture, because somebody who isn't would probably be easily impressed.

They do certainly make impressive claims. I am hopeful but not naive. The thing that shits me a bit about it is that they seem to be on the defensive. Most of the writing has the air of: "no, no but it really does work!" I'd like them to be a bit more self assured. First site visit tomorrow :lol: should be cool B)

Hi, I would really like to know what is EGA.

I would like to walk in puck's shoes and have such an uplifting first time.

I'm envous!

What are your suggestions puck ? :)

Hi, I would really like to know what is EGA.

I would like to walk in puck's shoes and have such an uplifting first time.

I'm envous!

What are your suggestions puck ? :)

Hang around a little longer ;)

EGA = Entheogenesis Australis.

Conference of weirdos, council of shamans, get-together of assorted freaks. Wonderful vibes, great learning. Not gonna be on til 2009, if I ain't mistaken, which may mean I miss the next one due to small matters like the Pacific bloody Ocean being in the way... Bummer.

Highly recommended.