The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
puck

synchronicity

Surely here, of all places, there are fellow pursuers of white rabbits? speak up!

I was thinking about some comment on triplej radio, some caller said "Triple J is a Religion maaaan..." and then the presenter said "it's a way of life" ;)

I was thinking about trippy meaningful connections in radio, triple j especially (multi-meaninged symbolism all over the place), and how spot on this poetic synchromystic connection is.. in a truly religious sense.. Just like the scene in Basketball, radio has at times been an uncannily accurate reflection of stuff going on in my life, I suppose we all share common experiences but the timing of being reminded of those mirror-image realities is the trippy part.

So anyway, with these thoughts circulating in my head I come back home, turn the Radio on, "turn the radio on, God is on the Radio"

Plus some other stuff like that - instantly had those lyrics sung when i turned the fucker on.

The timing doesn't get trippier.. [turn the radio on]:"turn the radio on" Holographic self-reflectivity to the max.

Edited by The Dude

that is hilarious, man.

this is what i'm talking about: curiouser and curiouser.

so during my intense Mushroom trip at ConFest (smallest dose i've taken thus far, incidentally!), i finally get the Kabbalah 'Tree of Life'. i've never studied it or had it explained to me, but i got it, man. i knew vaguely it had to do with manifestation, or processes of change, but i understood it on a deeply intuitive level. the processes occuring thru that trip were emblematic, almost archetypical, of exactly what the Tree of Life is all about.

well, i thought i got it. didn't realise until the next day, when (without even looking at her) i asked the person next to me at the First Aid tent to put some sunscreen on my back. i'd been praying recently, ever so sweetly and gently - 'if, just if, it is to be - not really asking for anything, God, just if - let her have shamanism and let her be beautiful'. well, of course one of the first things i realised about this person was she is a shaman. she didn't know it, but it was quite obvious. and the fact that people kept on taking her photo and telling her she's beautiful, in the first hour we spent together, tripped her out hugely. me, not at all. it made perfect sense.

of course, to top off the whole Kabbalah thing - in a delightful example of God's trippily appropriate sense of humour - she's Jewish. hahahaha...

of course, to top off the whole Kabbalah thing - in a delightful example of God's trippily appropriate sense of humour - she's Jewish. hahahaha...

oooh dont get me started on hot hebrew girls! Has me tempted to go to Israel, do some good, start a peace treaty and all that.

excellent, Dude. i'm with ya. i got a beard going, i can don a teatowel and we'll do some practical reconciliation.

serious, anyone in for a stay at a kibbutz?

Meh.. one more, why not, involving radio cuz they almost always do.

not all too significant, but sharing is caring...

Reading Jonos post about that spun out dream he had yeah and my pc monitor switches off so for a second i pay attention to the music and the lyrics sing "you gotta keep the dream alive" .. i was somewhere at the part about dreams sometimes seeming more real than real and there being real power in them.

interesting thread!

I am also experiencing such synchronisities and co-incidentals.

A recent big one for me:

:queues up twighlight zone music:

A couple of months ago I was out on the town for a big night out with a mate when we were apprached by some likely types with the opportunity of aquiring some second-hand pharms (alprazolam and diazepam) - something neither of us had tried properly before, so we figured what the hell and ended up with some. Later in the night I met a stunningly attractive girl who reminded me of a celebrity but I just couldn't place who. As I sat there in awe of her beauty I realazed she looked a lot like Michelle Williams (Heath Ledger's missus, the one who was on Dawson's creek). It got me thinking and talking about her and about Heath ledger and their films etc - a rather odd conversation topic for me. At the end of the night we decided to bring it to a cumfy close at home with some of the goodies we'd aquired. Having never done them before we mistakingly took a (minor) overdose, immediately passing out for 16 hours or so and totally zonking ourselves for the rest of the weekend. It was really quite pleasant and a new experience for us both. A day or 2 later there was breaking news everywhere of Heath Ledger's overdose - primarily on the same drugs we had tried for the first time and OD'd ourselves AT THE SAME TIME and I had been thinking about him during the night as well!! Spooky.

Sometimes little half-thoughts or dreams I have will maniefst themselves into reality, or I'll have a peculiar thought about a person/place/thing and then low and behold that thing will make prominence in reality in some form a short time after. Like I'll think about an old band I used to like completely out of the blue and the next day they'll announce an album or tour. Or I'll hum and tune only to have that song come on next on the radio. If I only had a dollar for every time I've flicked the telly over to the cricket and proclaimed to myself - 'don't turn it over, their about to get a wicket' - and then there is.

All you can do is laugh, as you'd feel crazy trying to explain it to others that it has happened again. It's also humurous because it's a twist in the fabric of reality and cause-and-effect which is usually seen as concrete and mutually exclusive amongst all of us.

Cheers dudes

Me and my little makeshift family unit over here have been experiencing a spate of synchronicities in the last few months... probably thanks to this thread.

Can you mystical types try and tone it down a bit? My life is complicated enough as it is...

Fucking hippies.

Looking at some awesome rock gig poster artwork online, see Echo and the Bunnymen, got NFI who they are but I've heard of them before, much like a fair few other posters at the site. Listen to the radio about 30min later and hear mention of Echo and the Bunnymen. Now this isn't significant in ANY sense this happens all the time. Apart from the actual band name. Echo... to me can be applied to the phenomenon of thoughts/moments/actions from one source rebounding off another. The Bunnymen immediately suggests I should follow them (white rabbit)... So I'm gonna find out if their music is any decent.

“In the magical universe there are no coincidences and there are no accidents. Nothing happens unless someone wills it to happen.”
]\

William S. Burroughs

Echo and the Bunnymen?. Hilarious.

But it may not be about the music, Dude...

And hey, SC, don't blame us a'ight? Just ask the Universe, and she'll tone it down for ya. I can guarantee it. She's a top chick, and will do whatever you ask her to.

Burroughs is da man.

My last weirdness (ie continually occuring/reoccuring factoid) was "kickapoo juice", followed by "tea and cakes" a fe wdays later.

They can't all be winners, can they.

VM

i work at a call centre calling random westpac customers and quite often i'll be thinking of an old freind or a place i visited and i'll look up from my drawing and see that the next person i'm calling has the same name or i'm calling someone from a town i was thinking about. it always keeps me wondering just how that happens.

cheers.

haha, that reminds me of a game I used to try and play when I was once a phone monkey for a bank.

When someone called I would try and make assumptions on the name of their street, of their telephone banking password e.t.c...My chances of correctly pre-empting their details could be really uncanny somedays.

I seemed to have more luck if they had an inkling of the next question I was going to ask and were already thinking of the answer, you could almost 'hear' the words coming off the tip of their tongue before they open their mouth.

This was a period when I was much more dedicated to philosophical and spiritual pursuits and dedicated more time to meditation and psychometry.

Sometimes when you 'know' of something without any basis of knowing it, it feels like having a hunch with an extra kick in it. Like once you connect the dots theres no way you can dismiss your hunch, actually its more like solving the answer to your riddle, and knowing that your answer is right.

I think syncronicity is just like that, but instead of operating at the forefront of someones mind, it's the subconscious hoarding clues, utilising all those special little hunches until you see something, hear something or meet someone you had thought about the previous day.

It's hard to explain... our concept of time (and therefore space ;) is a very structured and linear one, and we associate anything being perceived from a different location or 'before' an event as miraculous, it's certainly unusual and a bitch to explain.