The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Teljkon

Zone 10

asdf

Edited by Teljkon

Hey, teljkon :) Welcome. I'd say Mitragyna sp. (kratom) would do great in your climate, but folks around here don't talk about it much any more as it's now illegal in Australia. Anyway, this site is a valuable source of info for this kind of stuff. Try doing a search for 'smoking' or 'smoking mixes.' Around here, the search function is your best friend as it will usually turn up all the info you're looking for and more, plus folks won't flame the noob for asking a question that they could search out the answer to :wink: (I'm not flaming you, I'm just trying to help :innocent_n: ) I recommend that you could start with this thread to give you some ideas of good smoke plants folks are using, then doing searches on those plants to learn more about cultivating them. Enjoy :)

Your fortunate to be in zone 10, especially if its 10b, you should be able to grow most of the tropical entheogens and much of all else except perhaps many from northern europe and siberia. Withania somnifera, Leonotis leonurus & nepetifolia immediatly spring to mind as mellowing smokes that should be low maintenance perennial bushes there (Withania somnifera root is the main medicinal component, the leaves are a nice mellowing ingredient in smoking mixes). Heimia salicifolia and myrtifolia should grow well there too, use search to find the threads on 'activation drying' and "fermenting" to make the Heimias active. Delosperma bosseranum is another likely candidate, as a drug its root is chemically related to Sceletium tortuosum but many report it to be less stimulating and even mellowing when compared to Sceletium.

Welcome to the forum :)

asdf

Edited by Teljkon

the search engine here sometimes has difficulty with multiple search terms, if you have that trouble just put all the terms in google and put this at the end:

site:www.shaman-australis.com

Damiana should grow there too, its hardy to zone 9

Catnip is a mild sedative used in teas and smokes and has long been used to help with sleep, its lower range is zone 3, not sure if zone 10 is too hot for it. If you buy the dried herb dont go for the cheapest one, catnip reportedly has a short shelf life once dried.

Dont worry about being a noob, everyone here was at some point :wink:

asdfas

Edited by Teljkon