The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Øskorei

Phnom Pehn - Still a Smoker's Paradise ?

Guest Øskorei

Are there any recent travellers to Phnom Penh, Cambodia, that can share some tales of the present law situation regarding weed ? Despite the government 'criminalising' ganja ten years ago, I believe that there's still a lot of cheap supply available as it once was in the wild days of the past before the country became a popular tourist spot, so my concern is primarily regarding the number of set-ups that travellers find themselves subjected to - or whether it's still the smoking traveller's asian Mecca for cheap weed.

As an aside, "Happy Herbs Pizza Bistro" in PP is still running strong apparently ! .......

Happy Herb Pizza is one of those places that travelers often describe as “something I wish we had back home.” The restaurant is tranquil and breezy. In the corner sit wild cats perched on urns full of water and in the doorway appears the occasional monk seeking alms. The atmosphere is perfect for relaxing after a long day, but it is the pizza that really sets this place apart.

When you place your order at Happy Herb Pizza, the waiter will ask if you would like your pizza not so happy, happy, or extra happy. The happier you go, the more marijuana they put inside. And if you go extra happy, the folks at Happy Herb Pizza will take care of you quite nicely.

camboherbs1.jpg

Guest Øskorei
You never heard of webehigh.com before Osk?

http://www.webehigh.com/city/detail.php?CITYID=2057

No, but thanks for the awesome site referral, apothecary - I have also checked out a few other destination write-ups and scored some handy hints (like rolling papers being very rare in Saigon, VN, for example) for an upcoming journey that kicks off in four days.

All info simply being sourced for a FOAF of course ! :innocent_n:

Cheers mate.

I don't think taking any smoking paraphernalia (papers or anything) to Vietnam is a good idea Osk.

Best to stealth it in all scenarios and use an apple or some rice paper if spliffage is your friends thing.

Guest Øskorei
I don't think taking any smoking paraphernalia (papers or anything) to Vietnam is a good idea Osk.

Best to stealth it in all scenarios and use an apple or some rice paper if spliffage is your friends thing.

RE: Papers.. really ? How might such an item be detrimental to my, ummmm I mean his, freedom from being held up for possession? Sure it might on a very odd chance raise a question, but there's no way any other gear shall be travelling in the backpack during this rough-house jaunt.

Mind you, if FOAF was convinced it's going to be an issue taking rolling papers (as of yet this isn't the case), the intrepid journeyer shall make do with spliffing Afghani-Style, by emptying a conventional commercial baccy tube and re-loading with 'erb. One is intrigued with the apple, and all I can speculate upon is perhaps a disposable pen-casing and a foil bowl atop a cored fruit.

you can just put herb straight into a hollowed out cone in an apple, no foil required. punch a hole through to it from the other side and breathe in through there.

I found rolling papers in most major cities in Vietnam, Nha Trang was heaven for cheap weed, I got a large bag of decent bush for around the $10 mark, I don't remember exactly.