The Corroboree
MindExpansion

ID Help Please

Just stumbled across these:

Possible A Muscaria but I doubt it. Is very small and the white spots are more holes than leftovers from the membrane.

PICT1069.jpg

PICT1070.jpg

And a possible P. (Sub)Cubensis:

PICT1067.jpg

PICT1065.jpg

PICT1064.jpg

PICT1063.jpg

There is no blueing on this one but it was found in the same place as one that did bruise blue after the last rains.

ID help would be appreciated and obviously time is of the essence as the spore print opportunity presents itself.

Thank you,

Mind

It is hard to tell with the pictures being all out of focus but they both look un-edible to me.. It is not a sub if it doesn't bruise blue and judging by the white gills and uniform colour i would stay well away.. Where did you find the orange/red one? looks interesting.. if it wasnt picked in a pine forest, or at the base of a pine tree i would assume that it is not an amnita, and even if it is an amnita i would still not touch it.. Also amnitas tend to fruit early winter so i think id leave that red one alone if i were you..

Peace

Cheers, the red one wouldn't be going near my mouth any time soon anyway lol. Just wanted to see if it was amanita. But like you say, early winter...which it isn't lol. It was found in some scrub on the outskirts of some forest. It is hard to see in the picture but the one i suspect of being a cube is actually quite yellow/gold on top. Any species you know have white/pale grey gills?

Peace,

Mind

The second specimen is deffinately not a Psilocybe species, for one it has no nipple and totally wrong shape plus no blue bruising. The first guy i would not have a clue, it may or may not be an amnita, but it is likely that it an active amnita. both look unedible as previously stated in the last reply, and id strongly advise against consumption or anything else of tht matters. Plus it's illegal. :)

i wish you peace and safty.

The only reason I am considering the second specimen as a Psilocybe specimen is because I found one that looked identical in the same place after the last rain and it did stain blue...and I have read somewhere that not all Psilocybe mushrooms stain blue.

Peace and keep the great advice coming,

Mind

#1 if those white spots are holes like you said & not actually white spots ie the remnants of the universal veil, as you would see on A. muscaria, then from what i can gather from the photo i HIGHLY doubt it is A. muscaria

#2 no idea what it is but IMO it is DEFINITELY not a Psilocybe

The first two photos I'd take a punt at it being a Russula sp.

Does the stem break cleanly or is it fibrous.

If breaks cleanly, then probably is Russula

Check out one of the field guides to Aust. fungi.

I think I remember seeing some in Bruce Furher's latest one (2005?)

Agreed gecko, first one is likely Russula sp., but better photos are definitely needed. The second one is 100% certainly NOT a Psilocybe.

yeah I agree on the russula also. nothing new here

the second one I would also stay away from.

That second one looks like a species of Agaricus, possibly the 'yellow stainer' Agaricus xanthodermus?