The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
t st tantra

mandragora bioassay and request

i inherited a neuralogical disorder from my mother which manifests mainly as pain and insomnia.got the same one from my father too,i have pain on a nearly daily basis which causes insomnia.

so im interested in plants for sleep and pain.

a generous new friend from sab gave me a few small mandrake roots,sorry no more.

one was ground in a blender to a fine powder.

a smoke was rolled using about a match head of the powder.pain was being experienced at the time.after one third of the smoke,a cool cloud took my pain away and then i went to sleep.awoke with pain 4 hours later,had another third and returned to sleep.

tried othertimes since then,with and without pain.more than one dose seems to make the head quite dulled.despite the pain relief there is little pleasure,brug is much more hedonisticaly orientated.

at this one dose level,a bout a third matchhead with usual smoking mix,sometimes closed eye visuals began,interesting but not strong,and more just made the head feel foggy.

so i feel other plants have more entheogenic value than mandrake and ask that priority for these plants be given to people who will use them wisely and safely for medicinal purposes.

t s t .

well maybe with that much brugs can be more potent...

but i think u will feel like much more of the power of mandrake of u take a proper dose and als o i don't think any one ever really enjoyed mandrake, after all it was always feared from, but if u take a proper dose i'm sure u will have afullblown entheogenic exprience.... but this is dangrous, know that mandrake should be more potent in tropanes than any other plant...

when i messed around with the fruit ( just harvesting and taking out seeds) i got a bit of a buzz off it, the very low tropane buzz, and that's from a place that is concidered with very low alkloid content

beware of this plant man

Guest Mesqualero

I think the gist of what Tantra was saying was that He/She (sorry Ts) was using Mandrake for pain relief and to relieve insomnia and not for a Entheogenic experience and asks that if an entheogenic experience with tropanes is desired, then a person should try another plant and leave Mandrake for ppl who need it for medicinal purposes.

[This message has been edited by Mesqualero (edited 14 May 2002).]