The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Hex_OMEGA

Spawn bags

Hi everyone...was wondering if someone could point point me in the direction of some where in Australia where one can purchase empty spawn bags..preferably presealable!! Thanks

me to!!!! please tort get some in, those ones u gave me where AWESOME!!!! please?? dolmio jars are fuct.

please tort get in spawn bags please please please please wit sugar on top!!!!! :worship::worship::shroomer:

An alternative is to use non-Pressure Cook-able Polyethylene ducting which is available easily in aus. in a range of sizes and thickness. (measured flat)

These can be used as spawn bags with pasteurised material. (and you could get away with transferring sterilised stuff to the PE before spawning too I reckon if you spawn high, but it is an extra step, but in most cases material can simply be pasteurised.)

agar -> grain jars -> PE ducting -> sky's the limit.

You generally don't even need to go past 1 -> 2 transfers in PE logs as you end up with too much spawn to deal with.

I've done straw, paper, woodchips and mixes of the lot(and manure) (plus bran supplement) in the ducting and had good success.

I still haven't got around to oven testing them though(even though i said i would), my thought is that they'll melt.

From memory the feasibility of importing the PC-able bags in good quantities at a decent price was low, with very large numbers needing to be manufactured at a given time for an order to be accepted.

They are not the same, but if you slightly modify your approach to growing, the PE logs are excellent and are able to produce huge amounts of spawn in a small time frame.

me to!!!! please tort get some in, those ones u gave me where AWESOME!!!! please?? dolmio jars are fuct.

please tort get in spawn bags please please please please wit sugar on top!!!!! :worship::worship::shroomer:

have you looked at the funky fungus site or asked Rev directly, Im pretty sure he could help you out.

Another idea is those GLAD steamlock bags, they are like thick snap locks that can be microwaved. so they may handle a PC.

have you looked at the funky fungus site or asked Rev directly, Im pretty sure he could help you out.

Another idea is those GLAD steamlock bags, they are like thick snap locks that can be microwaved. so they may handle a PC.

Yeah I saw those in the supermarket once and bought some for that purpose

but still haven't tried them out yet.

I buy PP bags from a local stationery/catering supplier.

The ones I get are about 35cmw x 50cmh 50pk

and smaller gusseted bags 14cm+5cm(gusset)x30cm 100pk

Less than $20 per pack if I remember rightly.

They work well enough for me. :wink:

:excl:

*Fold longways in half over a piece of cardboard.

*punch hole with hole punch (cardboard ensures clean cut hole)

*then cover holes with micropore tape (from chemist) for air exchange.

Voila! -1 spawnbag-

I use these for sawdust or paper spawn inoculated with grain from jars.

folded and 'sealed' with a clothes peg.

Also supplemented sawdust for fruiting

I don't think I'd trust the micropore tape if I was doing grain in the bags.

But then... I haven't tried it. It might work.