The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
chilli

NZ energy company auctioning 'carbon credits'

I was on Trademe, the NZ ebay, and it says "save the planet" so I click on it and am taken here:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Business-farming-...-0010-6327-.htm

Check some of the comments and questions in the auctions if you are interested in this area... my small brain is still kind of confused by the idea, and quite skeptical.

Auctions end Tuesday so be quick.

Actually, that's kind of pointless I guess, here is some text lifted from the biggest auction:

1000 Meridian 'Gold Standard' Carbon Credits

Brand new item

2006 Te Apiti Wind Farm VERs

Current bid: $10,349.50

FOR SALE by Meridian Energy - 1 x parcel of 1000 Gold Standard Verified Emission Reduction (VER) carbon credits (tonnes) from Meridian Energy's Te Apiti wind farm.

The Te Apiti wind farm is the first in the world to have been registered by the Gold Standard Foundation. This demonstrates the highest quality renewable energy development taking into account cultural, environmental, social and economic issues. The 2006 carbon credits have been issued by the Gold Standard Foundation.

(further information about the Gold Standard is available at www.cdmgoldstandard.org).

The project baseline and the 2006 emission reductions have been validated by UN accredited independent agency Das Norske Veritas.

The purchaser may choose to use these voluntary carbon credits for the carboNZero programme. The carboNZero programme run by Landcare Research will also recognise these carbon credits subject to its usual terms and conditions (refer to www.carbonzero.co.nz).

At the close of the auction, the purchaser will have to enter into Merdian's VER Sales Agreement. The principal terms of this Agreement can be viewed on the Emissions Trading section of Meridian Energy's website www.meridianenergy.co.nz

This purchase of carbon credits will then be transacted in the M-co Registry by way of a transfer of the credits out of Meridian's account into an account opened by the successful bidder. The credits purchased will then be available for immediate retirement, unbundling, or holding as a potential investment.

Ask the seller a question

Are these compliant with the Kyoto Protocol? Could these units be used to offset emissions in another Annex 1 country like Japan? posted by: kearidge (0 ) 12:15 pm, Tue 4 Sep

These credits can be used in the international voluntary market to offset emissions. Unfortunately they cannot be used by countries to meet their obligations under the Kyoto Protocol. 12:56 pm, Tue 4 Sep

Buy-now price ? posted by: gibb0 (71 ) 12:20 pm, Tue 4 Sep

In order to stimulate interest in the New Zealand carbon market and create a bit of excitement we put these on for $1 reserve - so there is no buy-now price. 1:00 pm, Tue 4 Sep

Hi. Am I bidding for 1 tonne or the total package? Cheers, Steve posted by: stephen_summer (922 ) 12:20 pm, Tue 4 Sep

Thanks Steve, you are bidding for the total package - so a bit of a bargain at the moment! 1:01 pm, Tue 4 Sep

Seller Comment:

For anyone who wants more detail please see our website http://www.meridianenergy.co.nz/AboutUs/Em...ons+trading.htm 2:29 pm, Tue 4 Sep

Wasn't Meridian Energy given privately owned forestry carbon credits in 2004 which they sold to a Swiss Company for $9 million to fund wind farm projects? Isn't this public sale of the resulting generated carbon credits an example of a SOE determined to rort as much financial advantage from New Zealanders for something it never owned in the first place? posted by: tynwald (339 ) 4:09 pm, Tue 4 Sep

No, we were not given any privately owned forestry credits to sell. The Verified Emission Reduction Units (VERs) arise out of the Te Apiti wind farm project. The project was deemed by the Government to be additional to business as usual and would displace thermal generation. See above for answer on additionality and you may want to go to our website for more info on the projects. 4:40 pm, Tue 4 Sep

your on the news posted by: malfi (65 ) 6:12 pm, Tue 4 Sep

Thanks for letting us know! 6:28 pm, Tue 4 Sep

But the Govt has given these credits to you, an SOE, having stollen same from foresters like me! You are trading something that is not rightly yours. This stinks. posted by: andy20020 (108 ) 6:16 pm, Tue 4 Sep

We understand foresters have some conerns. These VERs represent emissions reductions from the electricity sector and are the result of renewable energy projects being brought forward. The forestry issue around Kyoto carbon credits is quite separate. 5:01 pm, Wed 5 Sep

This will be one of histories biggest cons! You are throwing your money away if you bid on these auctions. There is no such thing as man made global warming and eventually the credits will be worth nothing. Although... any warming would be nice! It’s snowing here in Canterbury today. posted by: tomacco (75 ) 6:17 pm, Tue 4 Sep

Cheers. 5:02 pm, Wed 5 Sep

How, exactly, does the sale of carbon credits actually reduce CO2 emmissions? posted by: matahari (96 ) 6:28 pm, Tue 4 Sep

Please see previous answers. 5:02 pm, Wed 5 Sep

A précis from Meridian's 2006 annual report: The revenue from the sale of carbon credits awarded to us by the Government was a key factor in Meridian Energy’s commitment to build a wind farm. In 2005 we sold these credits worth more than $9 million to a Swiss-based foundation. Do you still claim not to have funded wind farm development with credits that were legitimately owned by New Zealand forestry investors? posted by: tynwald (339 ) 6:28 pm, Tue 4 Sep

We disagree. 5:03 pm, Wed 5 Sep

Why would people want to subscribe to a concept the is designed to deceive them. You have already been given the information dealing with Zero-point energy yet to continue to be the lap dog of the New Zealand Government. All the Proof of the cover-up is on the web site http://www.themeasuringsystemofthegods.com...les/Page554.htm and http://www.themeasuringsystemofthegods.com...es/Page2861.htm Please take the time to read all of the information, It is a real eye opener. posted by: organ_donor (18 ) 6:44 pm, Tue 4 Sep

See answer in other parcel listing - thanks. 5:03 pm, Wed 5 Sep

Good on you for letting NZ's have the opportunity to purchase these items. Good luck. posted by: graysland (52 ) 7:02 pm, Tue 4 Sep

Love your work! 5:04 pm, Wed 5 Sep

As your average Joe Bloggs,how will i benefit from buying theses credits for example will it get me cheaper power posted by: chryslerboy (41 ) 7:04 pm, Tue 4 Sep

See previous answers. 5:04 pm, Wed 5 Sep

Hi Nikki, I own a home, have a wife and 2 children, no business. If I was to spend 2,3 or 4 grand???? and win the carbon credits, what can I do with them? How will my investment be exchanged for my personal use? I have been to the noted website but does not explain it (my question) clearly. I did see the investment quote but thats a "who knows" type of risk. But seriously what should I do with them if I win them. Thanks, Peter posted by: algi (160 ) 7:19 pm, Tue 4 Sep

The previous Q&As across the three auctions should provide you with a pretty good answer. Cheers. 5:05 pm, Wed 5 Sep

Hi. You are a new trader with no previous selling history - how can I trust you? My only option was to Google your name and you seem to have a very dubious past. Care to comment? posted by: scottcrowley (41 ) 7:20 pm, Tue 4 Sep

See previous answer in the other parcel listing - thanks. 5:05 pm, Wed 5 Sep

Seller Comment: Thanks for your questions - we'll answer these in the morning. Cheers 7:23 pm, Tue 4 Sep

The compliance costs for our economy that this Kyoto nonsense this going to create will strangle all Kyoto countries. When one allows the finacial markets to solve a perceived environmental problem, there is sure to be a buck in it for someone. China and India do not face such costs, just wait for more NZ jobs to be lost overseas while we shag about and sell carbon credits. I understood that your resource consents for wind farms were to generate sustainable energy, not to speculate such nonsense posted by: valetta3 (11 ) 7:33 pm, Tue 4 Sep

Thanks for your comment. 5:06 pm, Wed 5 Sep

Would more benefit to the enviroment be achieved by investing $2500.00 in your carbon credits or by spending $50.00 to replace a house lot of light bulbs with energy saver eco bulbs. posted by: peteford (5 ) 7:38 pm, Tue 4 Sep

As Meridian piloted the 1st ecobulb trial with the Electricity Commission, we fully support both initiatives - the purchase of bulbs and our offset credits! 5:07 pm, Wed 5 Sep

Is this a security as defined by the New Zealand Securities Act 1978? posted by: photonz1 (3 ) 7:45 pm, Tue 4 Sep

No. 5:08 pm, Wed 5 Sep

Hi. Will I be able to burn these in my woodstove? It's got a wet back so I could heat my water with them at the same time. How many btu's do you think they would produce? Thanks. posted by: imcare (121 ) 10:17 pm, Tue 4 Sep

We struggled to understand your question?! 5:08 pm, Wed 5 Sep

Full credit Meridian,"A fool and his money are soon parted." The fools bidding on this dont deserve theirs! posted by: ross22 (64 ) 8:41 am, Wed 5 Sep

One person’s treasure can be another person’s junk. 4:42 pm, Thu 6 Sep

Would Meridian be prepared to put up a parcel of Kyoto complaint AAU’s or AAU’s converted to ERU’s for the 2008 - 2012 period, say 1 to 10kt pa? posted by: genesis_energy (new ) 9:46 am, Wed 5 Sep

Thanks for your question Genesis. If you are not already aware, we are also running in tandem with this auction a ROI for the remainder of our carbon credits. See www.meridianenergy.co.nz for a registration pack. Cheers 4:45 pm, Thu 6 Sep

you're on the radio posted by: huggies (8 ) 12:07 pm, Wed 5 Sep

Thanks 4:45 pm, Thu 6 Sep

So you're selling the carbon you haven't emitted? posted by: x_katie_x (86 ) 1:51 pm, Wed 5 Sep

Not really – we are auctioning the ‘credit’ of carbon that has not been emitted. 4:45 pm, Thu 6 Sep

Thanks for your response. Re Electricity V's Forestry Carbon Credits. The electricity sector is producing more power and using more coal to do so than ever - the Govt Cc grant to you is smoke and mirrors from the Govt your SOE owner. I planted land to grow trees that are definitely returning carbon to the soil (as at 10-12 years I chop out 3 of four trees thin to waste etc etc) Yet this Govt say after 2008 I have to pay $14k a Ha to return my land to grazing It's a joke. posted by: andy20020 (108 ) 5:18 pm, Wed 5 Sep

We know foresters have concerns. 4:46 pm, Thu 6 Sep

It is only through ignorance that your comments are born you do not have the capability to understand Zero-point energy as you are a victim or fraudulent science. Vedic Physics is the suppressed key to Zero-point energy and the industrial secret of Sony Microsoft and Boeing. http://www.themeasuringsystemofthegods.com/index.htm posted by: organ_donor (18 ) 5:21 pm, Wed 5 Sep

Thanks 4:46 pm, Thu 6 Sep

There are a lot of grumpy fellas out there, and the odd "forrester" who doesn't seem to understand the system. I think it's great you're offering people the chance to offset their emissions in this way - it's a shame all these idiots think it's about the dollar value! What part of "voluntary payment" is so hard to understand?! Virgin Blue offers this for their flights, I was glad to have that opportunity... Thank you, and keep building those wind farms.. posted by: mpilott (8 ) 6:31 pm, Wed 5 Sep

Cheers 4:46 pm, Thu 6 Sep

what would it take to ship to palmy posted by: carrot3 (14 ) 6:52 pm, Wed 5 Sep

It's free shipping on this auction! 4:47 pm, Thu 6 Sep

If I purchased these credits how do I quantify the useage of them? If I used the whole amount of credits in a 8 month period what will they be worth then? posted by: format11 (39 ) 7:11 pm, Wed 5 Sep

If you are successful in the auction and used the whole amount of your credits in an 8 month period to offset your emissions all the units would have been retired. We cannot predict what the value of any remaining credits would be at that time. 5:07 pm, Thu 6 Sep

These "voluntary" carbon credits are a load of worthless rubbish. I do not believe that any serious bidder would pay you anything for this nebulous nonsense. Have your pals been bidding up the prices? Kyoto is an international con. What have you to say to that? Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go and burn some old tyres in my back garden. How much will you pay me not to do this? posted by: bill1958 (71 ) 7:14 pm, Wed 5 Sep

Thanks for your comment. 5:08 pm, Thu 6 Sep

Am I able to unbundle these credits and sell them in lumps of say 50 or 20 credits? Thanks posted by: tommydeee (34 ) 7:57 pm, Wed 5 Sep

Absolutely - you can unbundle these into any quantities you like - down to individual units. Each unit has its own unique identifier and will be registered under the M-co 'Regi'registry. 5:10 pm, Thu 6 Sep

I am a farmer, apparently my animals belch Methane, that concerns Jeanette Fitzsimmons greatly. If I feed my sheep nice green grass and one carbon credit each day, will they stop farting? posted by: valetta3 (11 ) 8:16 pm, Wed 5 Sep

Don’t hold your breath! 5:11 pm, Thu 6 Sep

What is the total number of carbon credits that Meridian hold's at present ? posted by: barcelona1 (631 ) 8:23 pm, Wed 5 Sep

Under the Registration of Interest tender that Meridian is holding in tandem to this auction, we have 217,500 Gold Standard VERs from Te Apiti and Whitehill. There are other carbon credits available as well. Details of the ROI can be found on our web site. 5:17 pm, Thu 6 Sep

How many carbon credits did Meridian sell for $9m NZD ? or was it $USD ? or Euro posted by: barcelona1 (631 ) 8:27 pm, Wed 5 Sep

Sorry, this is covered by a confidentiality agreement between ourselves and the buyer. 5:23 pm, Thu 6 Sep

BOGUS BIDDERS ! posted by: bigblackbow (339 ) 8:41 pm, Wed 5 Sep

Ahhh - and your point is. 5:24 pm, Thu 6 Sep

O look everybody, the emperor has no cloths posted by: rockeatr (39 ) 9:11 pm, Wed 5 Sep

Posted - in the interests of transparency! 5:27 pm, Thu 6 Sep

Based on the 20 credit parcels bid at NZD $151 per credit this parcel of 1000 credits should be worth $151,000 NZD . They look extremely cheap at present , or someone cannot use a calculator . My question is how much did Meridian get per credit in $NZD on the open market to the Swiss Co ? This will allow me to assess weather there is a huge capital gain here, tax free I assume ? posted by: barcelona1 (631 ) 9:12 pm, Wed 5 Sep

Sorry - that is subject to a confidentiality agreement between ourselves and the buyer. 5:28 pm, Thu 6 Sep

Would you swap for say, 10,000 “Bourbon creditsâ€, redeemable at any Kyoto strip bar? posted by: rockeatr (39 ) 9:21 pm, Wed 5 Sep

We prefer Single Malt. 5:29 pm, Thu 6 Sep

Well, having read the questions and answers of all three auctions, my only remaining question is about the ability of people to do maths. at the moment this aution is priced at about $10/tonne of carbon, but the 20 unit auctions are much more. BUT this auction is a ood initiative thats works for the small person as opposed big players. posted by: babbles1 (12 ) 9:27 pm, Wed 5 Sep

Thanks for your comment. 5:30 pm, Thu 6 Sep

Hi. I am curious...If I purchase these credits and the doomsday asteroid destroys the planet before I can use them all, will I be given some sort of prorated reimbursement for the unused portion? posted by: scentsationsnz7 (167 ) 9:30 pm, Wed 5 Sep

You obviously have a good survival plan - maybe we should talk. 5:32 pm, Thu 6 Sep

I would like to offset the 1000 tonnes of emissions that my business produces, for the sake of my green profile and to ease my conscience. In what way do your credits cancel out my emissions? Are you saying that, by building the windfarm, someone else somewhere is NOT building a coal-powered plant? Where is this plant that is being decommissioned? A thought has just come to me: maybe your windfarm will just persuade NZers to use MORE electricity, and there will be NO reduction in fossil fuels? posted by: piers4 (0 ) 9:31 pm, Wed 5 Sep

Thanks for your question. For a more detailed explanation of our analysis for future generation options and choices - have a look at our 'OptionsChoicesDecisions' document - available on our website. 5:36 pm, Thu 6 Sep

Will this allow my bio-fuel company to gain a cross credit tax evassion depreciation greater than the propossed flatulance tax that has been in the wind? posted by: katanaman (218 ) 9:45 pm, Wed 5 Sep

That might be a question best addressed to the IRD. 5:42 pm, Thu 6 Sep

As I understand it, you "create" these carbon credits through means that defy logic. Then you on sell these "credits" so others can buy their way out of a large carbon footprint. So how does this actually reduce the carbon footprint of the purchaser in REAL terms? because it has not reduced the amount of carbon they still produce! posted by: matahari (96 ) 10:16 pm, Wed 5 Sep

Offsetting is a process of neutralising or 'balancing off' a person's carbon footprint. Reduction of CO2 comes about through the projects (such as Te Apiti) that displace thermal generation. See above answers. 5:40 pm, Thu 6 Sep

can you break this up into smaller lots and then resell them ? also can u tell us how we open a account to have them transfered and what the cost is posted by: looyer (84 ) 7:42 am, Thu 6 Sep

Yes you can break these up into smaller parcels. If you win the auction, you will need to register on the M-co 'Regi' site and there will be no cost for registration or transfer for these auctions. 5:49 pm, Thu 6 Sep

Have you heard the story about the Emperor Who Had No Clothes? posted by: trousers (166 ) 1:34 pm, Thu 6 Sep

Yes 3:34 pm, Fri 7 Sep

What is the shipping cost please ... I live in Whangarei posted by: net_dealer (91 ) 3:24 pm, Thu 6 Sep

Shipping costs are free within New Zealand 3:35 pm, Fri 7 Sep

You also sold some to Holland govt and Christchurch Council where these voluntary as well? can you explain the deal? would i be able to do the same deal with these? posted by: looyer (84 ) 6:36 pm, Thu 6 Sep

We have sold Emission Reduction Units (ERUs) to the Dutch Government, which will contribute to their requirements over the first Kyoto committment period. These are not the same as the credits that are posted on Trade Me. The ERUs are Kyoto credits, whereas the VERs are voluntary. The Christchurch City Council had their own agreement with the New Zealand Government through the Projects to Reduce Emissions Programme - see www.mfe.govt.nz for more information. 3:56 pm, Fri 7 Sep

Comment- can`t wait till the end of the auction to see the unanswered questions. posted by: costalot (50 ) 7:49 pm, Thu 6 Sep

We are answering all the questions daily. 3:57 pm, Fri 7 Sep

congrats to those trying to initiat a trade in nothing with no effective purpose. Bid, bid, bid while the ones with the one word replies smirk at their handiwork! posted by: keith19 (16 ) 8:53 pm, Thu 6 Sep

Thanks for your comment. 3:59 pm, Fri 7 Sep

There is no way of pricing the cost of the impact of carbon emissions on the environment. The sale of carbon credits does not and never will encourages the development of projects that reduce emissions (like Te Apiti). Trademe should be rapped over the nuckles for encoraging/tolerating this rubbish on its site! "Gold Credits" Yeah right!! posted by: keith19 (16 ) 9:05 pm, Thu 6 Sep

Great to see you're engaged in the discussion. Thanks for your comment. 4:00 pm, Fri 7 Sep

From what I can gather, you have been given these Carbon Credits because you could have burnt coal to make power, but instead decided to build a wind farm? Well, today I was going to plough a paddock and burn lots of diesel, but I decided not to. Tomorrow I might decide not to cut down a tree. So do you think Auntie Helen will give me some carbon credits to sell on TradeMe also??? posted by: valetta3 (11 ) 10:48 pm, Thu 6 Sep

You could ask. 4:02 pm, Fri 7 Sep

Seller Comment:

We have updated our summary of the principal terms of Meridian's VER Sales Agreement to reflect recent advice from the Gold Standard Foundation (www.meridianenergy.co.nz). This advice relates to the process of transferring these VERs in the Gold Standard Foundation's registry, once this is available. 12:12 pm, Fri 7 Sep

Seller Comment:

Thanks everybody for the questions - the good, the bad, and the funny! We won't be answering any more over the weekend. If any new points are raised, we will answer these as soon as we can on Monday. Thanks again for participating. 5:10 pm, Fri 7 Sep

There are 16 unanswered questions on this auction

Wow, that looks really confusing... I will try and bother editing it a bit later, sorry!

Edited by IllegalBrain

Thanks for that.

Something to ponder.

My sarcasm sensor is not working well today, having a hard time figuring that comment out shruman!

Here is a new auction from the same website:

CARBON ZERO RATED FAIRY DUST (C' Credits Excluded)

Brand new item

Current bid: $10.50 | Closes: Mon, 17 Sep

Genuine 100% guaranteed European fairy dust.

Brand new, still in box and Carbon Zero rated.

Comes with 1000 Fairy Credits(FC) that can be used for that number of wishes.

FC's will be tradable on the open market just like Meridian's Carbon Credits.

As wishes are often popular, these tradable credits will be in high demand as the reality of Global Warming means those holding FC credits will simply be able to wish GW away like it was all just a bad dream.

*waiting for approval from Hollywood's Leading rat-pack: Al Gore, Tim Robbins, Micheal Moore, Leonardo DiCaprio ,etc,etc.

**any proceeds of this auction will go to the Teen Cancer Organization, Canteen. Make a wish come true for a teen with cancer :)

Ask the seller a question

Way to go mate!!! Good one. posted by: martinwhanau (295 ) 3:53 pm, Fri 7 Sep

Thank you. I just like to think I am doing my little bit to keep the world a happier place. 4:14 pm, Fri 7 Sep

how about $1 - dont want to be ripped off or anything :-) posted by: tomato10 (70 ) 8:33 pm, Fri 7 Sep

Nice thought but you know, I wouldn't want to cheapen wishes for anyone. You are also helping the environment and there is simply not a high enough price put on that. 9:31 pm, Fri 7 Sep

Please show us your Carbon Zero rated certificate or other evidence for your Carbon Zero claim. posted by: pasturesnew (new ) 11:20 am, Sat 8 Sep

As with other Carbon Zero Rated entities, in this case the Fairy CEO simply says its carbon zero rated so it is. Everyone trusts fairies. Hope that has answered your question. 7:24 pm, Sat 8 Sep

As a spokesperson for the office of George W. Bush based out of NZ, I would hereby like to offer our full endorsement of this product. posted by: theuzbus (34 ) 8:23 pm, Sat 8 Sep

Any friend of GW is a friend of Fairies. When asking for his seal of approval please ask him to convince by any means, Helen Clark, that Global Warming can be combated by using nuclear power. Fairies can be saved by means of clean burning energy. 9:21 pm, Sat 8 Sep

Hi. Were any fairies harmed in obtaining this dust? Also could you name the fairies involved as some are mischevious and i would be gutted if my wishes were not given correctly :) posted by: hs3fan (177 ) 5:12 pm, Sun 9 Sep

Clearly any fairy harming would bring the wish quotient contained in the Fairy Credits (FC) down to almost zero credibility. That would bring us inline with Carbon Credit sellers and we certainly wouldn't want to be associated with that kind malarkey. These FC's are Fairy compliant and fully sustainable in the face of the most serious scrutiny. Thank you for your concern. 6:02 pm, Sun 9 Sep

Brilliant -puts in perspective what has to be the biggest rip off out !!talk abou fooling the masses .... posted by: peanuteater (113 ) 6:43 pm, Sun 9 Sep

I assure you FCs are the real thing. 7:26 pm, Sun 9 Sep

$1000 for something thats not true?? HUUUHHH posted by: di0r_me (5 ) 6:55 pm, Sun 9 Sep

You have to have Faith in Fairies and therefore Fairy Credits(FC's) for them to be true. You haven't heard of the Tooth Fairy? Thanks for your feedback, we wish you a happy day tomorrow. 7:28 pm, Sun 9 Sep

Does this dust come with a wand? posted by: shiny (339 ) 7:00 pm, Sun 9 Sep

Good question. Fairy Dust does work on its own but any extra acoutremonts clearly make the potency of said dust extra special and gift the wisher with a better all-round experience. Any wand would be an extra charge and as this would make the FC credits more expensive,it is common knowledge that when something costs more it works better. 7:33 pm, Sun 9 Sep

check my listing... would you consider a swap? And this better not just be sand... I've been burnt by fake fairy dust before. posted by: pwaddles (212 ) 8:33 pm, Sun 9 Sep

Our Fairy Dust is whatever YOU make it. It does come in a box however as it cannot be shipped without a container. Your business acumen is to be admired and we wish you much luck in your endeavour to sell your breath. It seems logical considering some of what passes as goods and services being auctioned lately. 9:02 pm, Sun 9 Sep

lol lololol i just cant stop lol posted by: tigertea1 (66 ) 1:02 am, Mon 10 Sep

Fairies have a sense of humour and we wish people would laugh more at absurd things. With this Fairy dust you could wish yourself, and others to laugh at things(even out loud as you have)on a more regular basis. Thanks for the positive vibes. 8:29 am, Mon 10 Sep

Hi. Our beloved politicians cleverly made us all liable for carbon emissions while appropriating all carbon sinks to the Government. Thus planting our own trees only enhances the Government's credit, while we can only get into credit by trading their artificial "credits". How many wishes/fairy credits does it take to overturn this scam, or publicly expose it for the sham that it is? Would 1000 be enough? posted by: lalbagh (28 ) 10:10 pm, Mon 10 Sep

1 Real Fairy Credit(FC) would be enough to wish the entire Carbon Credit business out of business. 1000 would do the job manifold times but would also benefit Fairies in general. They have health plans, mortgages to pay and taxes. Hey we gotta make a livin too. 11:16 pm, Mon 10 Sep

God yeah mate awesome stuff. posted by: darksevear (35 ) 10:12 pm, Mon 10 Sep

Thank you, We wish you good thoughts. 11:12 pm, Mon 10 Sep

I don't care who you are, that's funny right there ...rotflmfao :) I love it when the little guy takes on the establishment. Good stuff. posted by: amcc (343 ) 12:44 pm, Tue 11 Sep

Fairies, like most individuals and groups like support. Thank you. 4:41 pm, Tue 11 Sep

Do Leprechauns have any involvement with this product, I would not wish to harm my Irish background? posted by: jaro (111 ) 1:38 pm, Tue 11 Sep

That is a very good question. As you might know environmental considerations these days are such that if there is even the hint of any harm to ANY individual or group then that environmental consideration or quality if you like, can be easily taken away. Likewise if there is any flakiness or no substance behind the image that one projects then one can be foisted on ones own petard. Leprechauns have a special place in our hearts and it is creatures like this that will be saved by Fairy Credits. 4:47 pm, Tue 11 Sep

Seller Comment:

Any funds raised from this auction will go to Canteen, the Teen Cancer organization. Make a happy fairy even happier :) www.canteen.org.nz 4:55 pm, Tue 11 Sep

hilarious questions there,

I think the seller would have given up if he wasn't pulling over $10,000 for them!!!

Good ol Trademe, my old hunting ground....