The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
flora

perth mushies

hey im new over perth way , just wondering what are common mushies of interest that grow over this way?

i have found some growing on grass/clover, they look like psilocybes but no blue stain, spores purple/brown.

i know there is an id section but i avent got pix or nuthin together yet, will post there when i do.

just interested to hear from any experienced local-types :shroomer:

Hey mate, welcome to the forums. The only Psilocybe I know of growing in WA is P.Subaeruginosa, and AFAIK it is only found further south than Perth, most famously in the Balingup region. If your shrooms do not stain blue they are not subs, also it is too late in the year to be finding any now. Nice to see someone else from Perth though...

There is definitely still some subs south of Perth at the moment, but they will probably not be prolific.

Other species that grow in WA, OTHER than P. subaeruginosa are;

- Panaeolus fimicola

- Psilocybe coprophila (possibly not even active, but way too small to bother collecting for 'study'... )

- Gymnopilus purpuratus

- Gymnopilus junionus (possibly not active either)

A good list is in this thread

Good luck!

There is definitely still some subs south of Perth at the moment, but they will probably not be prolific.

Cool, how come they fruit so late over there? Most of the patches here stopped fruiting weeks ago.

I am in fact speculating as I havent checked myself recently, but in the past I have seen them as late as end of September, and there's been heaps of rain around lately.

Its been an epic winter - I've noticed there tends to be a few obscure patches popping up on higher ground towards the end of the season.

The lower lying areas tend to get a bit too sodden by now though, and although there may still be a some around they will probably be few and far between.

Yeah, we had massive hail in NZ yesterday and I rang the fam in Perth and told them and they're like "oh yeah, we had hail too" :blink:

Its good though, been a lovely winter - I'll never complain about too much rain.... Now if we can only convince the masses to use the roofs to catch this water we wouldn't be suffering from such a water crisis over here.....

Yeah, we had massive hail in NZ yesterday and I rang the fam in Perth and told them and they're like "oh yeah, we had hail too" :blink:

Yeah because NZ is so close to Perth and all :lol:

I think he may have been referring to that fact it was bizarre that Perth would be having hail the same time as NZ, since they are so far apart (and such different climate zones).

Still fruiting, in a much warmer area than Baily. ;)

I think he may have been referring to that fact it was bizarre that Perth would be having hail the same time as NZ, since they are so far apart (and such different climate zones).

Yes I know what he was referring to Hyphalknot, I was just being a smartarse.

Edited by Phosphene_Dream