The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
FungalFractoids

Woman dies...

Pet camel kills Australian woman while trying to have sex

The Associated Press

jcamel.jpg

Alleged suspect enjoys a post-coital cigarette at the crime scene (Photo: AP)

BRISBANE, Australia: An Australian woman was killed by a pet camel given to her as a 60th birthday present after the animal apparently tried to have sex, police said Sunday.

The woman, whose name was not released, was killed Saturday at her family's sheep and cattle ranch near Mitchell, 600 kilometers (350 miles) west of the Queensland state capital Brisbane, state police Detective Senior Constable Craig Gregory said.

The 10-month-old male camel — weighing about 150 kilograms (330 pounds) — knocked the woman to the ground, lay on top of her, then exhibited what police suspect was mating behavior, Gregory said.

"I'd say it's probably been playing, or it may be even a sexual sort of thing," Gregory said, adding the camel almost suffocated the family's pet goat by straddling it on several occasions.

Camel expert Chris Hill said he had no doubt the camel's behavior was sexual.

Hill, who has offered camel rides to tourists for 20 years, said young camels are not aggressive, but can be dangerous if treated as pets without discipline.

The fate of the camel was not known.

The woman was given the camel in March as a birthday present from her husband and daughter. "She had a love of exotic pets," Gregory said.

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2007/...ller-Camel.php

Edited by FungalFractoids

That's some fucked up shit right there. :blink:

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/meast/08/18/...reut/index.html

'Agriculture ministry officials have denied an infectious disease caused the deaths and blamed them on animal feed supplied by food storage authorities.

"The disease has to be limited to one place to prevent it spreading and then they have to find a serum," said camel breeder Hamad al-Harthy, who talked of hundreds of deaths.

"They need to bring in help from abroad to find a solution," said trader Turki Abdelaziz.

Camels are big business in the desert kingdom and are traded by Bedouin tribes for thousands of dollars each. The animals are used for racing and their meat is also prized.'

-----------------------------------------------------------

I won't offend arabs with the crude remark or joke.

ever notice how pets 'take on" the personalities of their owners!?does this suggest a transference of some qualities of mind that are learned by the commitment of/to LOVE!?cant see it,taste it,hear it or test it but the EFFECTS are well known!?if 1 has the CAPACITY for OBJECTIVE observation!?and this capacity seems irelevent to any other means of human measurement for fitness/ability in life!?

The National Geographic channel yesterday ran a show investigating the secret world of the hippopotamus.

Early in the proceedings, a tour guide was knocked free of his boat by an enraged hippo. The hippo did its best to bring the tour guide's stay on earth to a premature end.

But the tour guide survived, and recounted for the N.G. special his amazing and harrowing escape. He was then asked if he bore any resentment toward the hell-bent hippo.

His response? (In my paraphrase): "No, the hippo was acting in perfect propriety as to its nature. I was encroaching on its turf, and the hippo responded naturally. So, no, I harbor no ill will or hard feelings toward this magnificent beast."

Which begs the question: Does anyone really know whether this hippo is free of guilt in its attack? Perhaps the hippo, after its assault on the hapless guide, reflected on the episode as follows:

"In retrospect, I acted rashly. Such a rabid attack on that unsuspecting visitor was out of proportion to his crime. And it wasn't even a fair fight, given my 5,000 pound weight advantage."

"I should have let him off with a warning the first time. I seem to recall he was unarmed, and probably was there on a peaceful mission to better my lot in life and to champion my cause. And yet I rewarded his efforts as would a common, brute beast. My behavior was simply unconscionable."

The National Geographic report never followed up on this question, but seemed to regard, as received wisdom, the guide's tolerant view that the hippo should be considered guiltless, in spite of its use of lethal force against a non-aggressor.

But how do we, as humans, know whether or not this hippo thus demonstrated an internal moral conscience? Has scientific experimentation verified that hippos have no such moral awareness concerning their actions?

Is this question (as it related to hippos and other non-human species) even within the scope of scientific verification? Or must scientists remain, at least for the time being, agnostic on this question?

then there's the asian/indian religious belief in reincarnation with a "catch"!?if you act below your human station in life,you are reborn in a lower life form!?and as i was readin an account of the "moral" act of a hippo,i couldn't help but think......i know some "people" just like that!?and while i'm on the subject i just watched the PBS show with emperor penguins and noticed that the group was a stronger influence on so called moral decisions and possibly overrides the individuals inclination to morality!?the example is,a penguin chick was left behind to die as the herd moved on forced by the change in living conditions!?this also sounds alot like human society in general!?just another "hint" that the real source of all knowledge(morality!?)lies outside the physical forms!?

Edited by midnit magik