The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Hagakure

Psychotopic drugs and the nature of reality

only managed to watch half ov it.

i dunno, i found it kind ov "dry", like the geezer knows all the words but doesn't know the tune.

i was suprised by his assertion that cannabis is only slightly addictive & that LSD is more addictive. :scratchhead:

didnt catch that addiction bit.

was unsure about some other thing he said though. cant recall what it was now.

on the whole though i found the video quite interesting.

sure its dry but its an objective, academic look at these types of experiences, something of a rarity compared to a lot of the other info out there on the net.

i found the brain chemistry stuff really interesting. its important to look at these chemical experiences from this perspective.

as the guy mentioned, a certain type of stimulation will make you think that you are understanding a foreign language which you actually dont understand.

you THINK you know. a simple experiment would reveal, however, that that aint so.

just like how you can take a drug and think that you are talking to an entity autonomous to you.

in a lab they can stimulate certain parts of the brain to make you feel like there is another entity present. its biology.

drugs are just chemicals that change they way your brain works.

this is the very dry and removed way of looking at it all.

something akin to saying sex is a matter of friction and force. there is a whole lot more going on in the experience.

but its a perspective that i felt should be added to the forum as it is often bypassed cause it just aint as sexy

Yeah I agree with you Hagakure, I think with this topic subjective views that come from experience is all too common.

I think it cant hurt to also incorporate an objective or more 'scientific' approach.

I guess if anything, for the sake a broader perspective.

Agree..?

Edited by KanJe