The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Freefaller

Chelidonium Majus - info needed please

I just got hold of some herb marketed by a Syd. company called "Opi-8" - it states contents as Chelidonium Majus and claims opiate-type alkaloids present.

Seeking info before trying - I have had no luck with a search in this or other entheogenic databases and was hoping someone here could help.

Thanks !

FF

Originally posted by Freefaller:

I just got hold of some herb marketed by a Syd. company called "Opi-8" - it states contents as Chelidonium Majus and claims opiate-type alkaloids present.

Seeking info before trying - I have had no luck with a search in this or other entheogenic databases and was hoping someone here could help.

Thanks !

FF

Chelidonium Majus

Active constituents: Greater celandine, like other members of the Papaveraceae (poppy) family, contains alkaloids as its main active compounds. Chelidoxanthine, chelidonine, chelidonine, and coptisine are four important representative alkaloids. Greater celandine extracts have been shown to stimulate production of bile and pancreatic digestive enzymes in human studies.

Dont now about getting high from it?

From what I have read about it be very carefull.

There has been reported deaths in cattle from eating this plant and one known death in humans.

But then again.......

Theres a bit of info out there try a normal search engine.