The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
rahli

Acacia aulacocarpa

I found this article on the net -

Org Lett. 2001 Dec 13;3 (25):4047-9 11735581

The first naturally occurring Tie2 kinase inhibitor.

[My paper] B N Zhou , R K Johnson , M R Mattern , P W Fisher , D G Kingston

[structure: see text] Bioassay-guided fractionation of the plant Acacia aulacocarpa, guided by a bioassay for Tie2 tyrosine kinase activity, yielded the novel triterpene 3,21-dioxo-olean-18-en-oic acid (1) as the first naturally occurring non-protein inhibitor of Tie2 kinase. The structure of 1 was assigned by analysis of spectral data. In addition to its activity as an inhibitor of Tie2 kinase, compound 1 also shows modest activity against a variety of cultured mammalian cells.

http://lib.bioinfo.pl/pmid:11735581

As far as I can determine Tie2 kinase is an enzyme and if uncontolled leads to cancers.

[0004] Protein kinases play a central role in the regulation and maintenance of a wide variety of cellular processes and cellular function. For example, kinase activity acts as molecular switches regulating cell proliferation, activation, and/or differentiation. Uncontrolled or excessive kinase activity has been observed in many disease states including benign and malignant proliferation disorders as well as diseases resulting from inappropriate activation of the immune system (autoimmune disorders), allograff rejection, and graft vs host disease. In addition, endothelial cell specific receptor PTKs, such as VEGF-2, Tie-2 and Lck mediate the angiogenic process and are, therefore, involved in supporting the progression of cancers and other diseases involving uncontrolled vascularization.

http://www.freshpatents.com/Protein-kinase...20060009453.php

Have I got the right idea on this plant or is there another slant to these articles?

If so then this acacia contains a very unique anticancer drug.

Fantastic find!

An extract of that with the anti angiogenesis compound torsten is working on could be a nice cancer preventative combo!