The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
philistine

Jims Permaculture

Working for Jims Mowing, Ive recently heard about the latest installment in the JIM'S epic saga of home service franchises, check it out ya'll....

http://www.jimspermaculture.com.au/

Could be interesting.....?

I wonder if they would provide a service which honours its principles to the full extent...

If you interested in permaculture, I met the father of a friend I went to school with named David Holgren who co-created permaculture. He is an amazing man...

Check it out at http://www.holmgren.com.au

that was kinda hard to understand. you met his son? Holmgren is awesome. i think between himself and bill mollison, bill saw the big picture, but david saw the REALLY big picture. that is probably why bill has been in the spotlight while david mostly goes unnoticed. even though he lives on his permie research property (in VIC i think) his ideas are more to do with economics and environmentalism and less to do with family-scale land use.

bill says of david "david is my friend even though he has a lawn".

this is as good a place as any to throw in my .2 pesos on the matter of people who hold the official permie title.... basically to carry out business in the name of permaculture you need to do a course with the permaculture foundation/institute thing. it's about two weeks worth and being non-subsidised it will set you back a few thousand dollars.

if anybody should be handing out the title of 'permaculturist' it should be the founders of permaculture but i think two weeks is rather deficient. the ideas that all come under the title of permaculture are many. two weeks really isn't much time to learn about such a deep topic, it's not even enough time to let a small text book sink in. i guess what i'm getting at is that your local jim's permaculturist may not have much of an understanding of eco-friendly land use and organic systems.

Sorry for the confusion, I went to school with Oliver who is David's son. We lived in Hepburn which is where David property is.

Yeah, I would agree with you. You might have a better understanding of the concept but I seriously doubt a franchise would have anything but a basic idea of its principles let alone knowing how to incorporate them into a gardening service...

lol... it just makes me laugh is all...