The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
immanuel

my first casing

I've got a couple of jars which are close to full collonization, and I wanna do a casing layer on these ones. They are just BRF cakes, for some reason my WBS isnt ollonising. What I plan on doing, is crumbling the cakes up into an aliminium tray which is 2.5" deep, then adding 1/4 (compared to the amount of crumbled cake) coco coir and coffee (the mix will be 80% coir and 20% coffee), so like a 1:4 ratio of crumbled cakes to coir + coffee. I will then mix the coir around with the crumbled cakes so it's evenly distributed, So i have a layer of crumbled cakes mixed with coir about 1-1.5" high. then putting aliminium foil over the top with a few holes and putting it back in the incubator. Once the coir has becom fully collonized i'll add a 50/50 verm+peat moss casing over the top, 1 inch high, and again put it back in the incubator with foil over the top. Once i see white patched popping up the top, into the FC and start fanning, misting and lighting it? Am i doing the right thing? I hope so, any suggestions? I plan on picking up my supplies this weekend, and don't want to get all this stuff and do the wrong thing.

Edited by mardybum

i got informed letting it colonise first onto coir before adding the casing layer would help increase my yeild.