The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Guest auto302823

Blaze of Fire?

Guest auto302823

This has probably been covered somewhere, but autogirl and I were out buying plants yesterday and I spotted some Salvia Splendens "Blaze of Fire", which I bought.

I've read the various Erowid/Lycaeum topics on it, but what's the consensus on using it. If it works, when is the right time to harvest & what's a good starting dose/tek for using it?

cheers,

auto

Guest wira

Firstly, don't ingest any of it straight away. You never know what it's been sprayed with or what's been soaked into it's soil. Take them home, flush the soil well with running water [without washing all the soil away], plant them in a semi-shady spot and water regularly [but not drenching them constantly]. If you're getting them established at this time of year in Australia, it might be best to keep them out of strong direct sunlight for a while or they'll wilt all the time.

I've only experimented with this plant on a small scale, but I guess you could pick leaves at any time once the plants are well established [only from new growth since you bought the plant - see the spraying comments above]. There probably are 'best times' due to a lot of factors, but it would take a long time to figure that out through experimentation, especially in a way that would be applicable for people anywhere in the world the plants will grow.

The flowers can also be used. Personally, I've only tried smoking the leaves and flowers [separately], for similar effects, though the flowers seemed a bit stronger. 1-2 fat cones should produce a noticeable effect. You could also make a 5x or other strength extract, as is often done with S. divinorum, though I've been told that higher doses don't produce a greater effect, other than making you sedated and sleepy.

Guest auto302823

thanx wira, we've planted them all in our yard which is mostly shaded from the "blazing" Perth sun.

I'll give it a try when they've got good new growth. I need to a lot more reading & tinkering before doing any extracts.

bye,

auto

Hi,

just thought I'd mention this while relevant.

If you would like Salvia splendens plant(s), I have many available @ TGH.

I also have some 'Variegated Sweet Flag' plants, Salvia c 6x & more....

@

logogbhg3.jpg

Adrian

[This message has been edited by Adrian (edited 30 December 2001).]

Guest Nozzle Boy

It can happen to the best of us …

… and whats with it being SO hard to get those bloody quotes to work ? It seems like every 2nd one gets stuffed. It's hardly anything to do with what Adrian just regurgitated, just raising the point.

< !-- I wonder if hidden text stays hidden ? If you can read this, obviously it doesnt. -->

Guest Nozzle Boy

Doo ! It doesn't ! I mean, seriously, if I WANTED the space between the < and the !, I woulda PUT the space between the < and the !. Cursed be thy Madonna Park ! ( Incorporated ! )

[This message has been edited by Nozzle Boy (edited 29 December 2001).]