The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
bit

New (genuine?) pachanoi for me

This guy arrived for me this morning. Was hard to do, but I chopped the bottom 3" off as I want more of this one :) It's hard to tell from the pics (spines broken in transit), but it is a long spine variety. Spination looks similar to bridgesii, with two long narrow spines from each areole.

I'll attach some shots of the parent plant. I'm hoping this will grow up to be the 'genuine' pachanoi posted by MS in other threads.

_MG_8799_web.jpg

_MG_8800_web.jpg

Parent plant - not mine - growing in wellington, a place not renound for lots of sunshine or warm weather. Definitely means this is a hardy plant. Hopefully I can induce some nice long spines as mine grows.

longspine2.jpglongspine3.jpglongspine1.jpg

Edited by bit
  • Like 1

Hi Bit,

it looks very much like the Pachanoi KK339! The Pics of the Parent Plant are very good! bye Eg

Edited by Evil Genius
  • Like 1

haha, ya beat me too it EG :P

Hi Passive,

i rarely beat people with cacti :devil: Just kidding. I just couldnt resist to throw out a stupid joke. Take Care! bye Eg

• Like 1

I'd definitely say this plant represents the T. pachanoi of Ecuador and Peru, but though it looks like the KK339 from Huigra, Chanchan, Ecuador, there is little doubt that this "sort" of T. pachanoi has made its way throughout the Andes. The KK339 doesn't refer to a "species" or "variation" or anything besides a collection site, nor does KK339 mean it is in any way particularly different than T. pachanoi that grow elsewhere.

See the Trichocereus pictures at http://www.cactusknize.com/

If you look at the KK242 (T. peruvianus) and the KK339 (T. pachanoi) you will see that these are likely an identical plant which simply were collected in different locations, but why he calls them different species is beyond me.

I have plenty of other problems with Knize's views regarding Trichocereus...for example I would say the plant with the name T. bridgesii KK920 is rather just another of the T. pachanoi.

But like Bob Smoley told me once...Knize uses floor sweapings for seed packets.

~Michael~

• Like 1

Hi Michael,

i´ve sown out a few hundred of the KK339 and i´m very thrilled about the variations that i´ll get within this seed batch!

Knize uses floor sweapings for seed packets.

:wave-finger:

Probably the same clone as this one in Auckland, NZ.

~Michael~

That is a beaut of a plant,the spination reminds me of something,i''ll take a quick look...

The KK339 seed I've grown produced an amazingly uniform batch of pachanoids. There were a couple of other Knize #s that were obviously all wrong (242-type plants from supposed KK2150 pachanoi seed, for example). A couple of lots were near duds as far as germination goes, too. But I only had two seedlings out of hundreds that were definitely from seed mixed in with the wrong packet.

Well worth the $3 per thousand, or whatever it was.

...But like Bob Smoley told me once...Knize uses floor sweapings for seed packets.

But wouldn't that make most of the pack dustbunnies and pubic hair? :P

• Like 1

Remind me to avoid every dropping my sandwich on your floor.

~Michael~

• Like 1

Remind me to avoid every dropping my sandwich on your floor.

~Michael~

Don't worry Michael, you'd have to get in the house first :lol:

Why is it hard to get in the house?

Do dustbunnies roam the halls attacking people?

Hi Puse, what a cool pulli. I need one for my 10 year old Rabbit. He´s old and freezes very easy. :P bye Eg

Hey Puse,

i just recognized its the same karnickel as on my pic. Germanys ugliest rabbit . :lol: yeah yeah, the Bild Zeitung...

Why is it hard to get in the house?

Do dustbunnies roam the halls attacking people?

Nah, I tied them all up with the pubic hare :lol:

Hi Apo, help me out, what´s a dust Bunny? A poor guy like this?

post-1140-1182858790_thumb.jpg

Balls of hair/dust etc that gather in corners/against walls in between vacuumings :wink:

That thing looks kinda like a Chinese crested (dog)... cold & appearance impaired!

... I need one for my 10 year old Rabbit. He´s old and freezes very easy. :P bye Eg

This is good, there will be food for the winter! :lol:

Just joking... is ten old for a rabbit? What was this thread about again? :lol:

Your right DqD, Sorry for the Hijack bit. Actually It wasnt my intension to talk about my rabbit in a cactus thread. :innocent_n:

I really needed to know what dustbunnies are and then it just happened. :scratchhead: bye Eg

Edited by Evil Genius

Your right DqD, Sorry for the Hijack bit. Actually It wasnt my intension to talk about my rabbit in a cactus thread. :innocent_n:

I really needed to know what dustbunnies are and then it just happened. :scratchhead: bye Eg

Wasn't having a go mate, just being silly :lol: , do actually want to know rabbits age range, ten seems pretty old? Dustbunnies descrip in last post... was enjoying the fun actually :lol: No offense intended EG :)

Yeah, i didnt felt offended or something like this. I love you guys. Surely in a non sexual way. :bootyshake:

As i´ve read your line, i just realized what we are actually talking about and who the reason for this little excursion was :lol:

Not sure how old rabbits get. My uncle mostly ate them at the age of 5. This one wont end up as food. He´s an old perv but he is my friend. I think they dont get older than 8-12 years. bye Eg

Edited by Evil Genius

...Not sure how old rabbits get. My uncle mostly ate them at the age of 5.

Your uncle had quite an appetite for a young fella! (which bits did he leave behind... the ears and tail? :lol: ). We have some left here if he wants deserts!

Of course it's possible for men to love other men with no sexual connotations :) ...

... spread the love, (as long as it's not absorbed transdermally without consent :P )...