The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
gomaos

Drying mushrooms

Okay we talked abut that last night in the chat room, some said use a fan, someone said use "Dryrite"(was that it), some said on the dashboard of ya car in the sun...

Who else can say something about the quickest, safest most efficient way to dry fresh mushies without losing any alkaloids?

Ahh High gomaos smile.gif hmm I once dried some in a brown paper bag from the bottle shop,sat on the rear dash of my kickarse rusted ole peice of orange history Datsun 120y smile.gifThey

took about ? cant remember know. but shrooms from the same batch that were dried naturaly,ie over a coulple days in the sun, were stronger than the ones in the car.

If that helps any?

wow, what a guy and girl. Never heard of them.

Edited by darcy

id reccommend using a fan constantly for a day or two - keep them out of the heat and sun since this will degrade the alkaloids (personal opinion...uhhm of my cat) wink.gif

then store them in a sealable jar with some sort of desicant (sp?) - some jars come with those small packets with "Do not eat" written on them - a few of those are ok - also caco3 works Ive heard, plus damprid works awesome if you want them cracker dry (keep em for a long period of time.... dont see why you'd want to keep them) - you can get damp rid at your local bunnings in the paint area

smile.gif

or you could track down a herb dehydrator yes they are available not sure as to which shops sell them though.

Guest auto302823
Originally posted by shroomy:

or you could track down a herb dehydrator yes they are available not sure as to which shops sell them though.

K-Mart has herb driers for about $50. I used them on subs, with no aparrent loss of potency and kept well in freezered baggy with dessicant sachet.

Guest Nozzle Boy
Originally posted by knje:

some jars come with those small packets with "Do not eat" written on them - a few of those are ok

I ate all mine ...

hey, dont joke, an acquaitance of mine got one out of a pizza base package and used it as a topping

wink.gif The skull and crossbones and "Poison" , "Do not eat" etc are sometimes not enough...