The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
No_One

Stallone on growth hormone charge

Leonie Lamont

March 13, 2007

American actor Sylvester Stallone was summonsed to appear in a Sydney court today charged with importing a prohibited import aboard a commercial flight into Australia in February.

Stallone, 60, was issued with the court attendance notice to apear at Downing Local Court today, following a Customs service investigation into his alleged importation of performance and image enhancing drugs - namely 48 vials of human growth hormone.

His solicitor Robert Todd told magistrate David Heilpern that he was seeking an adjournment and wanted to gather more material.

If found guilty, Stallone faces a maximum fine of $22,000 in the local courts jurisdiction.

He came to the attention of authorities after a routine baggage search at Sydney Airport allegedly unearthed a prohibited substance.

Court documents allege customs officers found five boxes of the growth hormone Jintropin when Stallone got off Qantas flight QF8 from the United States on February 16.

Stallone was visiting Australia in February to promote his latest film Rocky Balboa.

It is alleged that Stallone ticked the ''no box'' when asked to declare whether he was bringing in restricted or prohibited goods ''such as medicines, steroids, firearms or any kind of illicit drugs''.

Court documents alleged Jintropin, whose active ingredient Somatropin, is a human growth hormone, is not a product approved by the US Food and Drug Administration, and is not a recognised treatment for any medical condition.

Stallone, who has been excused from attending court at the next scheduled date, will be required to enter a plea on April 24.

Human growth hormone

Jintropin is one of several brands of growth hormone used to treat deficiencies in young girls with Turner's Syndrome, a genetic disorder that leads to infertility and short stature.

Associate Professor Fergus Cameron, Deputy Director of Endocrinology and Diabetes at Melbourne's Royal Children's Hospital, said Jintropin is a "mainstream, stock-standard'' drug that is medically identical to its competing brands.

The Children's Hospital gains permission for the drug's importation through the Growth Hormone Advisory Centre (GHAC).

Human growth hormones are also prescribed to adults with growth deficiencies, to improve muscle bulk and bone density.

A report in the Journal of the American Medical Association said human growth hormones are also taken illegally for reasons including reverse ageing and enhanced sexual function.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/stallo...3722420258.html

He should just be taking ashwagandha, sheesh. It increases muscle mass (if under par), increases bone density (if under par), improves immune and sexual function (if under par), and doesnt have the side effects of somatropin.

We talking root Auxin? I've only had the ash in single doses at night... any probs keeping alert during the day on controlled doses? I usually use a heaped teaspoon in a milk (cow) based warm drink with vanilla, stevia and cinnamon :wink:

Stallone should have knocked out the judge and anyone else who stood in his way. ridicules.

Thats the last time hell be coming to australia, i actually feel disappointed in the system, how could they do that to rambo?? i mean, common.

Damn right shiva! ( just replace the needle with a m-60) lol

does he look like a man that deserves this kind of treatment? so he had some growth hormones, big shit. maybe he dident know they where illegal in this country (pretty sure its ok in some circumstances in the US).

Total disrespect for a vietnam vet. he came back from nam and people spat on him! called him a child killer! they dont know what it was like there, unless they been there and done that and know what the hell hes talking about!!

Lol, sorry that last line was from rambo1 :)

Edited by Jesus On Peyote

just replace the needle with a m-60

The original had his big fuck-off knife in the pic, without roids the m-60 would only be an m-16 anyway I reckon.

:drool2:

As far as wether it's fair or not goes, rules are rules.

I can't fathom why a guy of his status would bother bringing shit over here anyway, 5 mins in any Fitness First and he'd have a smorgasboard of places to buy his medicine from. Where's his contacts?

Lmao EG, mines still bigger tho :blush:

Yea shiva, i guess your right, rules are rules. and u bring up a good point about him being able to get em in australia, but thats why i think he really dident know the rules and laws about the hormones.

Either way, its not like he doesent have the money to pay the fine.

Damn straight, $20, 000 a piss in the ocean for him - he might even be able to find a script somewhere in what he's gone through and turn it into a positive that way.

Be good to see him speak up about prohibition - he's made a career getting around it to find the medicine that makes him camera worthy.

Peace

Be good to see him speak up about prohibition - he's made a career getting around it to find the medicine that makes him camera worthy.

Quite true,would be good to see, but i dont think well see it happen, hes not individual enough to speak up,hell loose too many contracts and such if he where to speak up.

Guest Øskorei

We all might have been sympathetic if he was bringing in VERTICAL-GROWTH hormones, short-arse fucker that he is :drool2:

Um, please don't tell Sly I'm bagging him out. :blush:

I was amused to read that in pleading guilty his lawyer said the substances were for treatment of andisclosed medical condition. I wonder if the condition is called ageing? :P