The Corroboree
bob-bob

Erythroxylum australe

Can any of the cocaine yielding Erythroxylum sp be grafted onto E australe stock to make it hardier?

This question has been on my mind for a while but I don't have the resources to check it out...

Anyone know?

yea, swim germinated a few seeds of E coca.(when swim was in "far off" place, where swim was legal to do so)

They are hard to grow.

But, not impossible either. As for the seed, one can very easily get viable seeds, but the cost is up there, swim paid around a total of 80 dollars, for some viable seed.

One being the E.C strain, and other being E.N

swim hope all goes well?????????????????????

swim thinks they start producing seeds around a year old, that when they flower swim believes, but swim could be wrong?? its around 1-2 years. And that's if they were taken care of right also(over fertilized or too little as swim tends to over do things.) All that goes into play when comes to seeds viability as well. If the plant does not get what is needs from the soil at seed setting time, you won't get good viable seeds, and thus they will be worthless!!!!!!!!

But if you done everything right, you should get viable seeds anywhere between 1-2 years. So not near as long as people think.

That just what I have learn talking to people who grow them. But I have yet to grow a full plant yet. I will let you know.

Also, if swim is in anyway shape form or fashion, posting something swim shouldn't swim is sorry and swim will not do it again.

Edited by neo1

thank you very much for your picture rahli, the specimen in question is a real beauty! :wub: