The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
dqd

emarcidum x- tract bio@ssay...

Got round to sampling a sample (oddly enough) of Herbalistics emarcidum x- tract, and thought the results worth sharing :) , though I'll keep it short.

Only other players aside from the stars is my meds... seroquel, lithium and losec (gastrointestinal pill). A rollie had been smoked about 10 mins before bioassay.

packed a regular pipe of my fave smoking mix - catnip, damiana & dagga leaves. Used piece of x- tract about size of a matchhead, then flattened. Placed this disc on top of mix. Used a regular b*c lighter.

At first didn't catch then bugger me if it wasn't like the old 'magic' snakes - little butts that expanded when heated... looked like a curly water noodle :lol: . It only grew a littlle but gave off a torrent of surprisingly smooth smoke, went well with the mix and gave out just before I did :wacko: .

Held in for a good time, exhaled, no throat catch, grabbed a lungful of air and WOW!!! sedate to brightly alert and happy as f**k :lol: . Could be just my eyes, but there seemed to be a definate breath about the walls, all the colours stood out like the dog's proverbial 'happy shiny people', and then I noticed one of the candles I had burning.

I continued noticing it for some time :lol: , and indeed am looking at it over my shoulder now 'ooh, shiny object' :lol: .

No abatement after 15 mins.

Noticed some diminishment at 25 mins.

35 mins mostly gone.

40 mins, just mix feeling remains. No afterglow, but relaxed physically, little tight around the jaw.

This x-tract is worth a go, and I highly recommend! No doubt people may think of a herb that may complement this mix :) .

Two thumbs up, thanks Darcy! :lol:

ps interesting too that for the duration I 'forgot' to smoke ciggies! Might be worth looking into...

Great report dqd....you have definitely got me curious.

Thanks for taking the time..

AJ :)

it is sais that kanna will deter the desire for nicotine, and also, diminish the effects of nicotine... i mentioned in another thread that this herb could be looked into for that purpose.... I obtained some kana herb from herbalistics, and was very impressed with the results snorting (not very pleasant, and slight allergic reaction(itchy roof of mouth) i assume from remaining amounts of oxalic acid)and smoking. I would say, out of all the herbs which I have tried that claim to have a marijuana like high, this would be the one which I would rate closest (having tried marijuana once in amsterdam, but not inhaling) orally in water... i took between .8g - 1.2 grams, with little noticeable effect, i would prefer to take it this way... but may have to wait till i process it myself to have quantities to warrant that... i say this, because I want to take it daily, in an attempt to raise my serotonin levels(post if u want to know more)... DQD i cant remember what mewdications u were on, but i noticed lithium, which is often taken in conjunction with ssri's. it is advised that you do not use kanna while using ssri's, because kanna acts as an ssri. which may cause unwanted problems.

...DQD i cant remember what mewdications u were on, but i noticed lithium, which is often taken in conjunction with ssri's. it is advised that you do not use kanna while using ssri's, because kanna acts as an ssri. which may cause unwanted problems.

I use it in conjunction with a daily low-level dose of St. John's Wort, the two complement each other and have worked well for over a year now. I was heartily glad to turn my back on pharm antidepressants, and the withdrawals from Effexor SR were worse than any other withdrawals I have dealt with so far, even taking 3 months to wean off.

No need to worry shroom, I've been on and off psych meds for more than twenty years (more on than off :blink: ), and research before trying any sort of chem, natural or otherwise :wink:

Held in for a good time, exhaled, no throat catch, grabbed a lungful of air and WOW!!! sedate to brightly alert and happy as f**k :lol: . Could be just my eyes, but there seemed to be a definate breath about the walls, all the colours stood out like the dog's proverbial 'happy shiny people', and then I noticed one of the candles I had burning.

I continued noticing it for some time :lol: , and indeed am looking at it over my shoulder now 'ooh, shiny object' :lol: .

Man that sounds awesome... I've only ever tried it on its own using a jet lighter (And yeah, I noticed it burns quite funky :) ), but didn't get the effects you did - was it the 5x you tried? I may have got a very slight euphoric feeling but could have also been placebo.

Do you think it would go better with a mix?

KlUe

Yeah I noticed this fascination with shiny objects after a night of heavy Sceletium ingestion too :P

I have found the best herb to smoke with Sceletium is actually tobacco, the two synergise very well together.

I am moving this to ethno, it's a good bioassay.

Yeah I noticed this fascination with shiny objects after a night of heavy Sceletium ingestion too :P

I have found the best herb to smoke with Sceletium is actually tobacco, the two synergise very well together.

I am moving this to ethno, it's a good bioassay.

Hmm.. might give that a try I guess - Although i've not inhaled direct tobacco smoke for over a year (yay!)

KlUe

i've not inhaled direct tobacco smoke for over a year (yay!)

KlUe

cant see why u would want to start now.... you will actually get effect smoking this with any herb i imagine... i use mugwort, cause i have some around and it is fine... although, for all I know, using baccy makes it 1000 x better... I wouldntl take up tobacco again for it though

Edited by shroomytoonos

Hmm.. might give that a try I guess - Although i've not inhaled direct tobacco smoke for over a year (yay!)

KlUe

If you've been without tobaccy for that long then for goodness sakes make sure the tobacco is 'natural'... it's a good experience but not special enough to get re-addicted to the demon weed :wink: . Try my mix without tobaccy, or make a 5th of the mix baccy, don't need much I reckon. I reiterate that some may make a part of the mix their favourite smoking herb :lol: .