The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
jalien

Alternative Smokes

Guest Ramon

Wormwood and Catnip are often mentioned in this capacity.

Not as good but then its legal.

Wormwood is a standard mixing herb and many people swear by it. But interestingly I have received MANY reports that salvia divinorum has a very good synergy with 'that herb'. Apparently you don't need much at all - and this is the interesting point. Just a small amount mixed into 'that herb' will produce strong effects, while such a small amount by itself would produce no effects whatsoever.

When I finally get around to it, i will offer a smoking mix with salvia and a few other synergistic herbs --- soon.

alot of the herbal high smoking mixes sell Hops mixed with Scotch Broom. Broom is ment to have a synergy with 'the weed with roots in hell` ( I love that term) and hops (aren't the two plants related somehow?).

I've also seen catnip and and skullcap and diamiana (sp?) in smoking blends. These are all reported to be alot weaker then pot, the only one that has claimed that it is as strong that I've seen was on the alphaware site. They called Weede

Guest reville

have you seen this one? http://www.teleport.com/~howieb/catalog/co.html

theres some ifo on smoking herbs in there somewhere.with at least one recipe for stretching your mull further, that is of course assuming you take it to relax and not to get high

i think the emphasis is on scutellaria, lobelia and parrots head in his mixes

im keen on getting myself a plant of that scutellaria nana - the desert skullcap as it sounds interesting- youll know what i mean when you read it.

For mixing, I have employed mint with success before. Don't use the dried culinary herb though, it is very harsh. Just grow some common mint and dry it yourself. The wormwood sounds interesting. Anyone know of A. arborescens can also be used? Also you might try Tagetes lucida, [texas/mexican/spanish/anything other than french] tarragon. Although due to its high oil content it does burn hot. I've only tried it with tobacco.

As for substitues, don't bother smile.gif.

well, a FOF of mine used to regularly spin peppermint with his pot, but he said it was jsut because it made it taste better.

Alot of people are interested in alternatives because they do not carry the same consequences if your (for some reason) frowned upon habit is discoverd, unlike marijuana, where people can get into quite alot of crap for it.

Oh yeah I didn't mean to imply that the mint did anything. Just that it can be used to mix with... everyone here mixes with tobacco, a practice I don't overly enjoy. But I find that having something to mix with avoids the need to overly torch the pot to make it burn. When in amsterdam, I mean.