The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Guest bounarjaf

Tagetes lucida

Guest bounarjaf

I remember seeing a thread on this earlier, where someone expressed the opinion that it was psychoactive. I have tried smoking some dry leaves from my plant, two times, once earlier today, without much effect. I know the Tarahumara mix it with N. rustica to smoke. It could be this is simply for the taste, since the herb is aromatic, or there might be a synergy going on. Has anyone had any luck with this one? It's hard to believe this is the "yautli" mentioned in the codices, but it does have a good flavor.

I've been trying this one too. I find with freshly air-dried leaf I get a mild "somthing is happening buzz", which didn't happen with dried leaves from the plant -- Torsten mentioned that freshness is important. I've been also mixing it with homegrown N. tabacum (plucked dry from the plant) which is pleasant. As you say it's hard to say if there's a synergy happening, since the effects of the tobacco (apart from the initial rush) are subtle anyway...

I wonder if it might synergize with mescaline or some of the other tarahumara faves.