The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Serpent

Vermiculite and BRF substrate

At least this guy has a sense of humour - krispy kreme doughnuts - hippy bashings - whats next? Welcome to the boards Detective :) So do you grow any plants (legitimate question, not having a crack at ya)? I'm a big cacti fan - how about you? Cant say I've bashed too many hippies in my time though... :P

edit just saw the "Cannabis harvesting" thread :P

Edited by GiR

Hmmmm......

Be careful sonny.

Last hippie i bashed around the head ate so many mushrooms he thought he was in an old episode of Doctor Who

Had to bash some fucking sense into him but he was ok in the end

Thanks for another of your totally irrelevant posts. I've just wasted another minute of my life reading it.

Edited by KlUe

also harry after a pump do I give them light?

I didn't. They only need a couple of seconds light if any. Its mainly to direct the fruit where to grow.

How they comin along?

all but one are fully surface colonised no signs of pinning yet.

Hmmm...

It seems that variety has a bearing on how long it takes to pin. Swim's mexi's pinned on or under 4 days reliably. Only 1 out of 12 cakes took longer than 4 days. It still hasen't pinned and its been weeks so you may get a stubborn bugger that you will need to birth.

You do have the glasses upside down don't you? You should see fluffy growth starting on the cake, this is usually a sign that pins are on their way IME.

Keep us posted :)

one has quite a bit and two more have some starting, all the on the surface.I was planning on putting verm on the top (rolling it in verm..) but should i avoid that since its fluffing on top? and yes they are all upside down

Edited by GiR

Im going to birth the ones that have been fully colonized for a week today. Also bump for my question above?

I think a couple are knotting, but i can't tell because there heaps of condensation and because the glasses have 8 faces and screwing with looking at them :P

yeh break em out man, let the fungal jungal begin...

Up to you as to whether to tar and verm em :P

I've tried both ways and it doesn't seem to make any difference.

Bust em out and see how they look.

Birthed three and made a little plate with verm for them to sit on. All smells nice and mushroomery :D

Just keeping my eye on the top left one as theres a little bluey.greenery spec. Hoping its just from getting them out and handling them.

But i noticed when i took the pics the others had the same thing were i touched them.

Note: couldn't get a good pic of it so i took a close up of the other one :P

Edited by GiR

Very nice !

Keep an eye on the ropey strands, thats more than likely where you will see the first pins. By the looks of that fluffy growth their not far off :)

Happy BD GIR :)

thanks harry ^_^ been good couple of days :D

8/9 are in the FC the 1st ones are all bruised from when i flipped to cut the al foil off :s but the rest are going good :)

Just amazed how easily they bruised, can tell which ones i did before i got the technique down :rolleyes: They all have white fuzz on them now, the blue ones DID but was squashed when i flipped the jars

Edited by GiR

I think vermiculate is a worthless.

Contamination could come from a expanded volcanic rock[vermiculate ], steam pressure could never penetrate as its like a silicon popcorn.

Actually Verm and perlite are marketed as sterile growing mediums.

Sterile compared to what though I guess.

Every one else dose it so ill follow them :P

No update cuze im at uni... and had to quickly fan this morning.

pinnings started :D

new ones come up every couple of hours, the ones with verm had pins 1st and about 3 or more each. So i decided to put verm on all of them.

splendid.

yeh verm them up, they luuuuv the moist! consider trying one or two completely covered in wet verm (rolled in it), they seem to fruit for longer.

also when they go completely bananas as they sound they soon will you may find your FC a little jam packed with that many cakes inside, may want to give them a bit more room in my novice opinion. another Fc will fix that.

we're all waiting for ur children to shine...

GO edibles! :lol:

Edited by endogenous

so there steaming along now, always a nice surprise when i wake up ^_^ but i notice a few of the cakes are showing quite a lot of blueing?? Dose this mean i will just have to dunk them after the flush?

so there steaming along now, always a nice surprise when i wake up ^_^ but i notice a few of the cakes are showing quite a lot of blueing?? Dose this mean i will just have to dunk them after the flush?

Sounds like they could be a bit too dry if the cakes are bluing..