The Corroboree
Conan Troutman

VIC Camping trip

Hey guys i havnt been on the forums in ages, my new job didn't work out which was shit fuckin cunt boss. So unless i come up with a grand right quick i don't think i'll be able to make it. One day i will make it to these camping trips.

I'm still keen, and am still planning to drive from Chelsea on the Sat morning if anyone wants a lift....

Also to those that are coming along, I was thinking of bringing along my psychedelic book collection, if anyone is interested in swaps or borrows.

I have:

- the whole McKenna collection

- a cpl of Leary's (High priest, Your brain is God)

- Stamets (Psilocybin Mushrooms of the World)

- a few drug reference books (Buzzed, Food of the Gods, etc)

- Pinchbeck (Breaking open the head -but just given away)

- John C Lilly (centre of the cyclone)

- Hoffman (Insight Outlook)

- Ginsberg, Burroughs (The Yage letters)

- Shroom

-The mystic Mandrake

-Trips

and many others. Anyone interested???

:unsure:

umm

Edited by YoWiE

My mate's car just died, so I'll probably be coming down by train now. I tried to con my girlfriend into driving me down, but 'cos she's not much into ethnobotany she thought she probably wouldn't fit in :(

...Anyway, Amulte we should arrange to catch the same train on the way down. When are you gonna be in Melbourne?

I just realised I'm back to square one regarding a tent. We were gonna sleep in the back of the station wagon. So anyway, if anyone's still got space in their tent I would greatly appreciate use of said tent space.

im still a bit up in the air, left it bit too long to get my shit together lol but im still pushing to line everything up in time, have to see how i go.

also if i do make it i might be heading down a day early, will keep yall posted.

So yeah, sorry BZ, have to see what happens, but will def be morning somtime. might not be training it all the way down, dont think i could bare another 20 hour train ride one way. but will still be training it from the station, ill keep ya posted ;)

so who else is looking at coming?

I just realised I'm back to square one regarding a tent. We were gonna sleep in the back of the station wagon. So anyway, if anyone's still got space in their tent I would greatly appreciate use of said tent space.

I've got a spare tent that you're welcome to a loan of.

Went for a drive yesterday, and things are definitely getting wetter. Saw a fair few amanitas and milk-caps so they should still be about next week.

Of particular note is that Turton's track (called various things on various maps, but runs through Beech Forest and Laver's Hill) is still closed, which means access is possible *only* from the coast (past Apollo Bay) or through Colac, for those coming from Melbourne/Geelong way.

Pm me for maps with detailed route and directions etc.

ed

I've got a spare tent that you're welcome to a loan of.

Awesome. Thanks mate :)

Okay, my mates cars fixed, so we're going down in the car again. hehe

OK, folks might not be down until Satuday arvo, (depends) but will probably stay thru until monday, how many will be there til then? Any questions please

Edited by Conan Troutman

we'll be there early on sat, but we gotta leave on sunday 'cos my mate's gotta work on monday.

Okay, my mates cars fixed, so we're going down in the car again. hehe

Still need/want the tent? Sleeps 4 - 6 so might be better than the car, also might be handy for others?

Let me know or I won't bother packing it.

Only three sleeps now.

So who *is* turning up?

So far I've got :

CT

Me

ayjay101

ballzac

1 anonymous member

several 'possibles'

I'm planning on getting there early (hopefully with Amulte) and having an area pegged, some tarps up, and some wood cut.

Having a fair idea of the numbers will make this a shit-load easier for me.

Also some info that may be of use:

Fuel prices will jump at least 10c/l after Geelong, so that's a good place to fill up if needed.

Last chance for shopping is Colac.

Beech Forest only has a pub, so no food/supplies (excluding the obvious - although this would be best purchased earlier too).

It's a pretty easy place to find, but maps that will make it near-impossible to miss are available - pm me.

ed

A bit more of an idea would be great folks!

I may also bring a few locals along just for some good ol bush humor :P

I may also bring a few locals along just for some good ol bush humor :P

And you have a dig at me re telling them about carniverous snails.

I know what I'd rather spend a night with.

ed

Still need/want the tent? Sleeps 4 - 6 so might be better than the car, also might be handy for others?

Let me know or I won't bother packing it.

Don't go to the trouble packing it on my account, we're both happy to sleep in the station wagon. We'll only be there for one night anyway.

im ReALLY pushing it close..... to line up a day early, what day will everyone be ariving? sounds likr saturday more so far? fast anwsers = big help ;)

im cuttin this one close. just moghtbe able to push it in. gotta make this trip :D

welll its even closer to the grain now cuz i dont own a credit card!! LOL still depending responses of when peoples arive i may be able to make it...just the long way round ;)

welll its even closer to the grain now cuz i dont own a credit card!! LOL still depending responses of when peoples arive i may be able to make it...just the long way round ;)

Looks like most are rolling up Saturday, so Friday would be a "day early" now.

I'd like to be there Friday arvo to make sure we get a spot etc.

If worst comes to worst and you can't get there 'til late Saturday (or something), and can't arrange a lift, I'll shoot into Colac and pick you up.

ed

Hey man we all want ya there!, any questions u know here to find me :bong:

Is it still First weekend in June?

:unsure:

Yeah Ronnie, this weekend.

You coming?

ed

Yeah Ronnie, this weekend.

You coming?

ed

I was so hanging's for this but no, i can not come, this is something i would so love to be at immensely as i have not meet many of you in the flesh and when i do say at EGA or something i do not seem to get the time i wish for such meeting :BANGHEAD2:

I have to work this weekend sadly, and could not swap it because i am about to go away to WA for 2 weeks and then SA for two weeks with work, and i promised i would spend the queens birthday weekend (the weekend before I head off) with my lady. Doing what every she wanted as I will not see here for some time. She has opted to go doofing, so that is where I will be buy here side (hard life), but what she dose not know is I have also got here a hotel room with a spa bath on the Sunday, night so we can :wub: ........................ :wub: well you know, and the we can run back to the party to see the sun rise on Monday morning and dance some more.

As i am going away, i have also been trying franticly to get EGA stuff done as i will not be around much for the next 6 weeks

Well i know how theses kind of weekend go, and i am sure it will be a blast, meltdown, emotional car wreck for someone :drool2: , and someone will have an environmental moment :worship: , someone will think the bugs are slowly manipulating reality for there big tack over bid of Telstra :ana: . Many people will become one with the universe :blush: , and someone will take it upon themself to make sure the fire is going strong at all times B), some one will still be there 3 day after everyone else has gone home :drool2: , someone will try and explain chaos theory in hand actions :wave-finger: . New friendships will be made :) and energy will be manipulated before peoples eyes :P ; It will be a down right blast :devil:

All the best fellow plant heads – I sure wish I could go

May the dark side of the moon be light :shroomer:

Edited by RonnySimulacrum

im up for it

im into camping and would be good to meet some of you

thats if im invited?

Edited by El Barto

and someone will take it upon themself to make sure the fire is going strong at all times

I bags fire masrshall!!