The Corroboree
Conan Troutman

VIC Camping trip

Called in for a look yesterday.

Getting a lot wetter, and a fair few fungii are already fruiting. The amanitas are starting to kick-off, but no Lepiotas yet (or subs).

Won't be long now though.

ed

Sorry folks, not gonna be able to make this one. My only free weekend until September is the 9/10th June. Some of you might still be there then though :P

Gonna use my leave later in the year and see most of you at EGA.

I wouldent mind coming if im welcomed,but im a shit traveler and i got no idea how to get their and dont drive... i live in a boxed up world :('''

Edited by Jesus On Peyote

im planning to drop into aire valley camp ground on tuesday (01/05) arvo, a bit of day walking with camera and baggies will be had no doubt. prob stay one night, maybe for 2.

PM me if your in the area (otways) doing overnight or day stay.

otherwise see you early june.

:lol:

Whats happenin in the way of tunes Mr. Troutman?

Whats happenin in the way of tunes Mr. Troutman?

I'll be taking a small generator, so electricity will be available if anyone has a music-box that they want to bring.

ed

I'm very keen to come along too, but would prefer to meet some of you beforehand as I'm pretty sure I don't know anyone on this site by sight.

Would anyone be interested in a meet-and-greet drinks-at-the-pub style thingo sometime in the next few weeks (in Melbourne)?

Please PM me if interested and if there are enough numbers I will post the details up here....

Cheers! :shroomer:

Edited by ayjay101

Im up for comping camping if you guys would have me.

Been ages since I've been in the otways used to live their.... Beautiful area always green.

Have you all finalised the date yet? If so when is the planned camp?

greeny, final dates are friday 1st june to monday 4th if crew still shaking their thangs.

ayjay, at this stage i wont know anyone by sight there either and we wont be the only ones, so i encourage your attendence, theres only one way to get to know them by sight!

hope to see you there, if you hit the pub post the date and i'l try and get there.

greeny, final dates are friday 1st june to monday 4th if crew still shaking their thangs.

ayjay, at this stage i wont know anyone by sight there either and we wont be the only ones, so i encourage your attendence, theres only one way to get to know them by sight!

hope to see you there, if you hit the pub post the date and i'l try and get there.

You certainly wont be the only ayjay, I wouldnt stress there will be lots of meeting and greeting going on

yeh i'm the same ayjay. I'm sure everyones great company. Just gona havta make sure I don't toke the fortnight leading up2 the camp. It sure is tough being an ex-smoker living with a smoker.

Cool, no worries. My thinking with a pub night beforehand was that it would be a chance to organise lifts and sharing of food, gear etc. The idea was grossly unpopular and might as well just be done here instead, so:

1. Please count me in

2. I will prolly be leaving early on the Saturday morning from Chelsea in a mostly empty station wagon, so PM if you and your gear need a ride. I will aim to come home on the Sunday arvo.

What's the go with wood?

I'm willing to cut and cart but could do with a hand loading. It's getting wet here now so good dry wood will be becoming more scarce.

If anyone's got an 'arvo free in the next week, or even a one-nighter?

ed

i should be heading down friday night with a friend from chaple st, if n e one wants a ride too, shroomed i was thinking of grabbing some wood from BP and carting it down would we need much?. and maybe a dart board and my shisha hehe

Ed been meaning to get back to you, think we can organise something with the wood...

getting close...Hope you guys are stocking up!

also just a quick show of hands to show who is still up for it, or who isnt??

Conan Troutman

endogenous

reshroomED

KanJe

onz

Kenny Blister

RonnySimulacrum

ballzac

Tepa

YoungTripper

El Duderino

Amulte

El Duderino

Ergoamide

Passive Daemon

ayjay101

Greeny

due to a potential bussiness deal i probably wouldnt be able to make it, but its up in the air again so reguardless of what happens im gonna be there ;) carving it into stone as we speak. need this time away

depending on whos going ill know a few faces, will still be goin the train so if anyone wants to meet up when i get in the state let me know. should be rocking up at (i forget the name) that big ass central hub station in melb, queen street or somthing??? i dont remember, but its the big one, ballzac i met you there for ega last year. ill be there early AM and headin west.

Conan, im sure we traded MSN's so if you could jump on at some stage, since the lab is down, so i can work out some things with ya ;) that would be great.

ill be planning to hang about for a few days after for some meditative/energy exercises, depending on lift potential or keeness for hitch-hicking. this should be good and is greatly needed ;)

Edited by Amulte

i should be heading down friday night with a friend from chaple st, if n e one wants a ride too, shroomed i was thinking of grabbing some wood from BP and carting it down would we need much?. and maybe a dart board and my shisha hehe

I can get plenty of wood, just need a hand loading it. I'm not into bonfires, but a decent fire for warmth and light makes all the difference. It gets pretty cold down in those valleys at night.

I was thinking of popping out for a chat this weekend if you'll be there. If CT's available we'll cut some wood on the way and save you buying any. If he's not, do you fancy spending an hour or so on Saturday and we'll grab some then? What time were you thinking of getting there?

I was gonna meet a certain party (ahem) out there last week but he got lost. So I've made up a couple of maps with distances and route marked on them. They're finished except for the exact signage on the last turnoff which I'll grab this weekend (I've driven down the bloody road hundreds of times but can't remember what's on the signs).

Seats available in my car from Colac station to any interested.

Also if anyone's coming by public transport I've got tents and chairs and shit if you'd like to save lugging stuff on and off trains.

pm me for any of the above (with an e-mail addy if you want the maps).

ed

due to a potential bussiness deal i probably wouldnt be able to make it, but its up in the air again so reguardless of what happens im gonna be there ;) carving it into stone as we speak. need this time away

depending on whos going ill know a few faces, will still be goin the train so if anyone wants to meet up when i get in the state let me know. should be rocking up at (i forget the name) that big ass central hub station in melb, queen street or somthing??? i dont remember, but its the big one, ballzac i met you there for ega last year. ill be there early AM and headin west.

Conan, im sure we traded MSN's so if you could jump on at some stage, since the lab is down, so i can work out some things with ya ;) that would be great.

ill be planning to hang about for a few days after for some meditative/energy exercises, depending on lift potential or keeness for hitch-hicking. this should be good and is greatly needed ;)

Spencer Street. Um...Assuming my mate's still coming - which he says he is, so I guess he is, lol - we can give you a lift (EDIT: Only room for one apparantly). Otherwise I'll be coming down on the train too.

Edited by ballzac

bad news. I have a $400 fine due tomorow and im not going to have enough money to go now, as my mum paid it off n i have to pay her back in installments that arnt going to leave me with any spare cash.

:(

Look forward to hearing about it though

Count me in. I should be able to make it there.

Less than a fortnight off now.

How about a show of hands?

If anyone would like a lift/loan of gear now's the time to ask. If you've already spoken to me about either, please confirm.

Maps are finished, pm me for copies.

ed

I'll be coming along with two friends. They're brothers, so it was kinda hard to make the decision to bring one and not the other. But if you guys think we should stick to the one friend rule then let me know and I'll reorganise.