The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Auxin

Does my first graft have a chance?

I had a Trich pup that had to be cut away but I didnt want to waste it... also I'm up to my damn nipples in Delosperma bosseranum plants so, what the hell, I just put them together in an attempt to make a caudiciform Trich :lol:

Does it have a chance of survival or did I just find a really prolonged method of getting rid of them both? :scratchhead:

Doubt it'll work auxin, Trich = cactus, Delosperma = succulent :)

How big was the cutting?? I had to cut away a small tip about 1->1.5cm tall with probably the same width because of where it was emerging in the pot, I just dropped it into an empty pot outdoors for a few days until it calloused, then put in some sandy seedraising mix with some slow release fert. It's been under shade cloth with sporadic waterings, just checked it then and it's rooted very well and is slowly slowly growing. So I suppose what I'm saying is you can just root it alone if you want, but it's performance might take a few years :)

If you want to graft...got any Pereskiopsis or similar?

Once recut under water the graft was about 0.6 cm X 0.6 cm

Anyway I dont need another clone of that plant, I already have 5 and no one has even been able to say for certain that its a Echinopsis pachanoi :lol: (it seems people have trouble IDing seed grown pachanoi, I really should just buy a big log this year)

I cant go too wild with E. pachanoi since I always have to be prepared to bring them indoors on the coldest winter nights.

...nope, no Pereskiopsis spp. No one ever seems to have seed :unsure:

pereskiopsis cuttings post fairly well through the post

one cutting and you will have a forest in no time

surely there are some vendors of cuttings or live plants in the states