The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Vertmorpheus

Psychotria questions

Evenin all.... gettin late but the brain's still firing...well...3 outta 6 cyls anyway. raining again....lovely stuff.

I have two alleged and one definite Psychotria growing locally.... meaning I have seen and laid hands on one, and the other should be nearby, P. loniceroides (Hairy Psychotria) is the easy one, P. daphnoides is still lurking up in her rainforest home. Any experiences with either? Tried snacking on the fruits of the P. loniceroides... insipid yellow things, kind of like a loquat with the soul sucked out first. I know even "legit" Psychotria materials vary a lot in terms of potency, both plant to plant and time of day. If I didn't have to work I'd start munchin and takin notes...but I was hoping one of my fellow botaniphiles might've had a chat with either of these characters in the past. No seed for either, but the P. loniceroides should be seeding up in the next couple months. Can describe location, public access not a worry, walkin trail right by 'em.Also the loniceroides is cranking happily in my old man's rainforest patch...ahh, the potential potential!Never even tried the viridis here.

fingers crossed on this one eh? probably treeing up the wrong bark :P

greendreams

Have a read of this thread.

native Psychotria thread

Does anyone have any alkaloidal and/or cultivation info on p. alba?

Suppose to b very similiar to carthagensis 1/3 to 1/4 potency of viridis grows 3 to 4 times faster.