The Corroboree
blip

Abutilon indicum looks somewhat similar

evenin folks, happy mostly full moon friday...warm night here in Brissie, bit of rain in the last few days....might go huntin tomorrow...

Now, the S. rhombifolia is a highly variable plant. The flowers and basic form aren't that changeable, but proportions vary a lot (my veggie space and work place are covered in this stuff, it seems to pop up mostly in areas where high compaction has occured..throws some deeeeep roots with occasional reserve nodes etc, which is why roundup doesn't seeem to do much,similar to Bauhinia and wattles in that respect. It will eventually, esp if you add a lil wetting agent (hort surfactant rather than the slippery crud for soil from bunnings. morning fresh does the trick for me haha) I suspect that basically the tougher and woodier something is, the more minerals its has put into cell walls and the more reserves it has to fall back on, so the agent is helpful to break on thru... some plants I have seen also compartmentalise very quickly, so some sections will drop dead in a hurry an others just hang around looking sad for a while... the tree tobacco does that a bit. I had no idea this stuff did anything for anyone other than wreck whipper snipper bearings...those stems are TOUGH. I find pulling it out after a bit of rain helps with deep loosening of compacted soils, and as I said somewhere else on here it's a good indicator of whats what under the soil, ditto Bidens pilosa. All this time, been cursing the massive roots on mine... nature never ceaes to amaze me with what she pops up in my immediate vicinity. You want roots or beans, lemme know and I'll start a list. (not to outdo the SAB store but we plebs gotta help each other out) I'm not pulling it out anymore...it's not that offensive anyway but if it gets cut or snapped it leaves a vicious lil stump and I worry about our bub falling over onto it ...paranoid parents anonymous here :P. At any rate, I roundup'd a stack of it a couple weeks ago and it all dropped dead no worries...regret it now of course , haha.

No seed laid by ATM but I'll start savin up... this is more interestin than the time I worked out Capsella bursa-pastoris and chickweed make bumkickingly good ointments for dings n scrapes. I'll esp save those that have popped up around certain high potassium and phosphorus needy crops , do we think roots would develop stronger but smaller in compacted soils, or would making a sandy, nice n loose bed with extra water help em get bigger faster? I find hard grown things tend to be stronger in most regards.restocked batteries for digi so I'll hunt some down on the weekend...mine tends to have smaller seeming leaves with emphais on root n stem development...what we're after eh? I know the SAB info on it says it loves fertile open soil but around here the opposite seems to be true...maybe it knows I like relieving compaction? or maybe occuring on the edge interaction between decent and dodgy soils means its tapping into the soluble food that won't go past the denser sections of soil.. have to think on that.

Remember , plants ar enatural things, they're not stamped out in a factory somewhere..the code is there to tell em how to do things, not so much what to do....well, unless you buy from retail nurseries where uniformity is valued more than it should be. A few mm variation in proportion isn't something to be afraid of, otherwise noone would by wallies ducksfoot and I certainly wouldn't eat black russian tomatos. Shade, water, nutrition soil type all change the lil things about a plant. Cobblers pegs are agood example of that, at work some are an inch or two tall at full bloom n seed, nearly pure purple, others are metre tall strapping lush green things... they're all from the same parents once upon a time, but me huntin em down with the glypho means those in more accessible areas have adapted to try n hide from boofheads like me wearing a knapsack sprayer, and hence now seed more quickly too.

Nature... what a woman!

greendreams

Edited by greendreams

evenin all, nearly time for the sack but thought I'd let yez know after a brief scout around I've got a decent whack of Sida r. beans goin free to whoever wants em, foliage as well, from a well manured and occasionally flooded but mostly dry gully area. Tried a bit o root.... interesting stuff, been a while since I've breathed that clearly lol...stripping a fair amount of foliage may or may not've had some transdermal effect, light headed and heart a lil racy after fiddlin to get all the seeds out of the lil cups they're in.Got bags o root too but not sharin that as yet, next batch is fair game though...bugger Roche n Alphapharm (hello Eris, if ya reading..still floggin that mothball smelling "dmt"?) noone should have the monopoly on coughs n colds.Also pics of various forms of it, including some decidedly glypho'd specimens...pity, the dead 'uns had the best roots I found this arvo ... karma'll do that though, serves me right for funding monsanto..at any rate pinching something from someone that funds monsanto :P Plenty of baby sprouts gettin around from, if ya local to bris I should be able to sort some potted ones out in...ahh I dunno...month or so?Pretty small ATM but they're in prime spots....not rounduppin em this time :P

let us know if ya want any of what's goin,

greendreams

Edited by greendreams

lsdreamz if you did confirm that it was infact Sida rhombifolia I would suggest to try chopping up the dried seeds and smoking them in a small pipe. Some was harvested some some yesterday from some wasteland area , anyways, seeds were bioassayed today and definately detected mild stimulant effects [alertness, better concentration etc.] from the crushed seeds, also have a cold and it dramatically eased the running nose to the point that have not had to blow my nose all day, which was great :lol:

Bioassays on the root, stem and leaves forthcoming as drying of leaves, washing of roots etc. had to be carried out.

Evenin all.. any chance of gettin the Sida mugshots thing on the main indexed moved in here ... there's and edit button but not an outright "woops" button...cheers...sorry for making the place look untidy.

Seed smoking seems to have the most effect for the shortest time, a pipe helps, another is more comprehensive, the third seems a little superflous in a way...the root as was said is more mild but seems to hang around longer while all the fibre breaks down. Leaf smoked (decent whack but within the realms of one paper) tastes oddly sweet like fresh horse feed smells, faint edge of ... hard to say...asprin? Something like that. Somewhere between root and seeds, more heart effects I was up to about 98bpm for no particular reason for a while, thats on the high side for me.Maybe not for people with blood pressure issues but then I guess that goes without saying. Leaf looks nice in the bag, mottled bright and grey green with the cute lil flowers and flowerbuds peeking thru the foliage. Haven't brewed up yet but I'll have some for brekky and let ya know. In any case it seems like a handy thing to have around, the bonsai method lets ya get root or seed without the neighbours wondering "why is that young man taking very very good care of a pot of bloody weeds?" as they're attacking it with a shovel.

Seems to be in tune with the bedroomly arts, euphoria I don't know about but it certainly tends towards putting me in a good place.No headaches etc but I can get a bit thirsty, and I "feel" hotter than I really am when working on it, just experientially I don't actually seem to have a temp hike, increased peripheral circ might have something to do with it though.

Take this stuff into account when it comes to still having your coffee n coke etc... things can get a little...antsy...for a short time til the instant ya have out of routine wears off a bit. Lions tail seems to give the afternoon a bright festive feel :D very well focused on the shiny things in life, foot tappin good fun.

I'll think about it more over a cuppa in the morning :D

greendreams

Edited by greendreams

Seed smoking seems to have the most effect for the shortest time

The effect seems to last for quite a while in my case :) , though i'd have to say there was no mind numbing qualities, hav'nt bioassayed the other parts yet [as I said I would] but will, though am only using a little at a time [one small pipe bowl], am mainly trying it for the nasal congestion at this point, works wonders for that, though the added stimulus isn't too bad I must admit :wink:

I did feel I was getting a bit of a headache later in the evening, though I am prone to getting headaches fairly regularly anyway so not sure if it was the Sida but am pretty sure it was.

Edited by lsdreamz

just need to search and find out how much i would actually need :P

Hi Isdreamz,

Have a search for Sida sp. on here:

Shaman Australis Botanicals

Recommended 10-20 grams of root material brewed into a tea. I suggest having a read of the information related to Sida sp. for the parts that yield alkaloids. Also the general info is good too.

:)

Evenin fellow Sidastalkers.... get some sida insidya eh? haha. On with the show...

Before going to bed last night I boiled about 3 cups of water (town water but it's not as scary as most brissie water...miss my tanks) then let it cool so it was steaming on pouring but probably about 80 or so...runnin a still lets you pick that range pretty easily haha... got about as much dried foliage as I could hold in my hot lil hand without bits poking out..just a handful, not too packed in, not too loose...this ain't rocket surgery :D Poured water over leaves, didn't smell too rank at that point as some things do. Covered it, let it cool overnight and had about half of it this morning .... lovely stuff... thickens on standing and cooling a bit like passionflower tea, sweet edge, not too foul no honey needed etc. Didn't hit the guts funny or anything like that. So, bout half an hour after that, things are quite pleasant, a nicely rounded out stimulation lasting about...ah dunno... 8ish I had it, and I didn't seem to hit a mid afternoon slump as I usually do...but most of the morning was a cheerful blur of activity, pronounced sense of ...precision? could just be being a wizz wanker on that one though :P but certainly got al ot done... usual warmth n tingling in extremities, a lil thirsty, it has a fair diuretic effect on me at least.... went like a mule about 4 times by lunch time but no lower back discomfort or anything so Mr Liver seems cheery enough. No noticeable "comedown" phase, nicely tapers off...had a quick cone mid arvo, wow... kind of floating along after that one, the decreased sense of effort from the sida and the slight dissociation from the ganja makes a nice not too edgy combo.... a verygood lubricant for those taxing arvos :D No real appetite effects though, found that a little weird. The headaches mentioned earlier might be somethin to do with dehydration, I know it tends to make me become a lil absorbed in things and I forget to drink as much as I usually would, let alone a lil extra. Not as "talky" as smokin seed...wondering about seed tea now. Or for someone else to get cracking with the hazardous cleaning solvents etc...na just kidding, this stuff is about right as it is... I think doubling the strength of the brew or the amount consumed would brighten up most peoples days or nights in a fairly effective way.Realised today that the lawnmower bonsai jobs in some locations happily stack on a lot of thick juicy foliage, but bugger all stem to hold it all together, so maybe a croptop on a plant might get ya the best of all worlds without missing out on anything. But out of the three options the root seems like it's more of a ginseng like general tonic, there'd be a whack of minerals in it it's hard and woody no matter where it's growing, round here at least.

Eh...it works for me... :D If nothing else knowing about this stuff removes the need to pay the local chemist 12 bucks for a back of filler with a pinch of pseudo and 9 other things just for good measure thrown in. Just go raid the local nature strip haha.

Have a go if you want something clear headed and practical... I guess largeish amounts might be more recreational but I'm not a fan of insomnia :P The amounts I've tried have all left a decent gloss on the day.... go into chinatown on the weekend n pick up some panax or something, see about opening up the gates a lil more. I think a tea of honey, sida leaf and liquorice root would be a great cold n flu remedy that actually DOES something :D Also curious about smoking the unopened , green seed pods.

Leaf size n shape etc... seems that the more shade and water the leafier they get , but then maybe the tougher woodier specimens would be more concentrated ... The more wirey ones certainly make me feel better holding them, I suspect the really large leafed deeply corrugated looking ones would be just holding more water as it becomes available to possibly redistribute in the dryer times, tough as old boots.

If anyone can't find this stuff n wants any I can sort seed no worries but just watch for it doing a runner, it's a bastard of a thing to get back under control.Someone said something earlier about pinching out pods n tips, might be the go. Least this stuff shouldn't be too hard to germinate haha. Now, to find something useful to do with lantana...

Have a cuppa and put ya feet up! (if you don't end up on some minute and repetitive task whistling cheerily that is)

GD

Lil bit more.... hope yez are all good,

This stuff doesn't strike me as habit forming, but certainly very "easy" to end up having daily...and then on the day you don't, you realise how much energy you really don't have day to day haha... can get a lil ..."drudgery o daily life" on ya.

Root is better the finer you get it... maybe freeze it then bang it with a hammer haha, this stuff would fubar your average blender or herb grinder.. try an angle grinder with a clean, grit free disk :P

Leaf is better from plants getting more direct sun, but you get less per plant (so it seems around here).Quality or quantity, but heaps of water n food in full sun may give you both.

Forgot to say in last post that I had another cup at lunchtime after the brekky one.. :D

Despite being a drying boosting thing it doesn't seem to dehydrate tooo much, and the tea esp seems to help smooth out any bowel irregularities, now thats quality shit :D Maybe it just amps up the muscles concerned a bit haha... if only elvis had asked his mexican housemaids....

Drinkin with it seems to make the next morning just a lil bit worse than usual, but then again maybe it just helped me to drink more than I usually do... whereas I tend to go a lil quiet on the drinks I was a lot more up n talkin than usual.Might be good with tequila? :D vitamin t....how I miss thee.....crushing a fair whack of seed into some spirit might be worth a shot but don't get anyone thinkin you're makin anything out of it now... I don't think it'd be worth it anyway. There's enough of that crap around ...

Two handfuls to the same amount of water makes it a lot more pronounced but doesn't change the feelings or duration all that much just amps em up a bit... but I suspect trying to get crankin on this stuff would leave the mind feeling like an overused chux... or maybe not.Not into insomnia.try it n tell me about it :D I think its more of a pleasant pick me up than something to try and party on... I once drank homemaed banana iced tea alllll day without thinkin about it...my gods...never felt edgier in a more useless, impractical and kinda nauseus way (ahh share housing...the shit you eat. Great soup recipe from stock cubes butter n onions if anyone wants it haha)

With buds , it will tend to override my natural three cone at a time limit due to easier breathing etc and offsetting the typical useless stoner sensation this commercial dross will give ya.

Great for the bedroom :D Sorry if the neighbours are reading this, but it serves you right for always having domestics at 11pm...make love not war :D

thassitfornow...take care out there

GD

Edited by lsdreamz

Leaves are good too lsdreamz. I still have'nt tried the roots myself. Half of them went into my medicine bag :wink: .

Looks like Sida rhombifolia to me. You will probably find that you will get much more leaves than seeds.

Get out there and weed that Sida mate. Whether you are doing research or not, you have a serious Paddy's Lucerne problem there. :wink:

And if you actually want to kill the stuff, and I mean really kill it [it is a weed]. Cut the base with some secatuars and paint/apply neat Glyphosate onto the wound. I can garuntee they wont be coming back in a hurry. Except for the seedstock of course.

Edited by lsdreamz

Yeah you could do it that way, not sure about the taste [tastes like hay or lucerne] and before you ask yes I have smoked hay a long time ago :blink:. I dry mine in a paper bag, it only takes a few days [weather permitting]. A water pipe should be fine, but a small pipe would be better IMO, but this might be just my preference because I don't really like water pipes etc.

Give it a go ls and post back here what you think of it.

Don't expect any major effects. I also found that I am smoking the stuff everyday now though, so beware of that, but that could be just my bent? Am prone to smoking alot anyway and was badly addicted to another type of weed for many years. Not so anymore so it would seem. Hopefully anyway. A very hard habit to kick. For me anyway. Glad I did though in many ways.

Edited by tonic

Well, i guess i shall add my new 2c worth..

A very kind character in a dream (i think he was green) gave me some of this herb and like has been said here it smells quite like lucerne and smokes just a little like it as well (yes, i have smoked lucerne, it always got mixed into the old mullup's somehow). Except of course, for the effects...

:)

Pleasant. Not just monoxide inhalation like i am used to with inhaling new, mysterious plant matter, but smoother and with definite effects. I guess a mild euphoria and scalp tingling as mentioned at the start of this thread. Am guessing thats just the effects of the stimulant (almost similar to a strong cuppa coffee, but nicer, cleaner in a way [in case you couldn't tell, i'm not all that well versed in stim's] ). Seems coupled with the mild relaxation of a small quantity of cannabis.

In fact, to compare it fairly aptly for me, is when you wake up tired, but well, of a morning. And you crawl out of bed and just sit down with a tea/coffee and a joint/cone and just enjoy that nice awake, but relaxed buzz that hangs with you a nice long while. Like that :)

Hehe, I am far too awake for this late in the evening, but a late night it is! I am feeling to good to think of anything else to say, so I'll just say..

Thanks to the very kind -dream who hooked me up, what an utter legend. :worship:

...like has been said here it smells quite like lucerne and smokes just a little like it as well (yes, i have smoked lucerne, it always got mixed into the old mullup's somehow)....

I smoked it on purpose LOL :lol:

yeah, me too, only once or twice. :blush:

ssh! hehe. it wasn't that i was desperate, more trying to convince a friend what monoxide poisoning was like. :P

the three cones of that sida went down remarkably in my dream. it was sooo vivid, you could say that i'm still feeling the effects now. :unsure:

hehe, beautiful, cannot wait to grow out this pretty plant for myself.

(btw, forgive the shitty attention to english writing conventions, tonic, i don't mean to stress you with my linguistic non-chalance) :rolleyes:

I mainly did it because I was bored and wagging from school with this girl who had a horse and we would hang around in the stable area LOL :lol:

The Sida is decidedly better than that hay I smoked though :rolleyes:

Just watch out mate, this one is a nasty weed [possibly noxious, will find out for you]. Don't want it to spread. I was a bush regenerator. Can you tell?

(btw, forgive the shitty attention to english writing conventions, tonic, i don't mean to stress you with my linguistic non-chalance)

hahaha, nah your cool, it's mainly glaringly obvious not so cunning linguists that get up my goat.

You should know that by now.

:wink:

yeh watch the spread, its a bastard to raelly get rid of, BULK seed on even the poorest plant. SPeaking of which...found out today that chewing seeds whole or ground pinch at a time bout an hour apart after a morning cuppa of it made how i normally do provided a noticeably speedy, edgy feel to it ... very much the energiser bunny :D all the goodies and none of the smoking or loss to flame maybe... try it out...rub off the spikes on spikier seeds between your hands or cloth etc first. had a very distinct slump crash effect after work as I wasnt sure if having more past about 1pm would be keeping me awake all night..it won't, least it doesn't here at that rate of use. But yeah, came home hit the lounge and just went down like a sack o spuds for about half an hour then woke up clear as a bell but a lil frazzled feeling.

GD

Edited by greendreams

Hrmm anyone wish to comment on quality of or quantity required to use Sida as a bit of a bowel-movement inducer?

:BANGHEAD2: Well put, Infinitee :rolleyes:

Ok, is it right that Sida can help 'get things moving'? :)

I dont actually have a digestion problem (apart from forgetting to remove the pot and soil from that mint plant i ate yesterday ... ) but I wanted to err empty out my system a bit, so I could approach a long-lost psychedelic friend i call psilocybin without having to worry about it doing my spring clean for me.

Catch the drift? Any ideas on using Sida :P as a ... purgatory (is that right? i thought it was some heaven-esque place in cattle-tick religions?)

Thanks.

Well it might not be sida you're after for that... its just one of a lot of plants with a high mucilage level, which is i think what actually seems to help it help the...resistance issues :P

Try loading up on tomatos , fresh snotty greens (silverbeet, ceylon spinach), go out and get a decent lentil dhal if you're not into cooking... plenty of ways to get a bit of an exhaust manifold clean going that won't keep you up all night ... but a "normal" serve of tea for me tends to do the trick in a gentle way, nothing surprising haha, but then im a vego and drink about 5 litres of water a day (literally) plus milk juice, loads of fresh fruit and veg, high protein stuff...so it might not work for everyone else but I read something about it on some ayurvedic site and it rung true here.But if you don't tend to keep properly hydrated you might just get momentarily clogged up altogether as it uses up the scant water in your system trying to deal with and get rid of the goodies.This stuff is a decongestant ... a purgative is something altogether different but look into senna and castor oil, they both come from actual plants (well a bit of the product does anyway, still filler crap in there) but once again, hydration is essential.

But yeah, get a big feed of indian thai or sri lankan and drink bulk water the day of the feed and the day after, go for a long walk then load up on pineapple juice tomatos and watermelon ... keep the sida for more..whats the word...not "relevant" uses, but ya get what I mean. I mean crystal meth will fix a runny nose but it probably isn't the best first option ... not that sida is anything like that shite, least not the way I've gotten to know it. Let's hope no-one does anything silly but even then it'd be more or less impossible to get rid of, its a Weed among weeds, and incredibly adaptive.

Ceylon spinach rocks and grows just about anywhere , tasty leaf and tips and the berries yield a passable purple black ink if you're the resourceful type (paranoid survivalist in me speaking there :D)

A lot of aussies are short on silicon and iodine, silicone is handy for things like properly detoxing naturally, how well you heal up (that in itself covers a lot) , and I remember something about how its needed to stop you feeling perpetually shitty and tired and cranky ,does that sound like someone anyone has met lately ? :P Eat more seaweed, all our goodies washed into the ocean years ago... which makes me think that maybe sida roots I see around here seem smaller than they should be, bodgy phosphorus levels, and in hindsight any that pop up in my veggie beds and paths between em are impossible to pull out, even with multigrips the stem will shred before it even thinks about coming out of the ground.

have a good one, or even two,

GD