The Corroboree
naja naja

Roll up and get ur tickets here

One of the reasons why this forum has been going for so long is because we have a handful of very simply rules. Like "no insults and disrespect of each other" and "no sexism, racism or other bigotry". Do you really think these rules are too much? I don't mind if you want to argue about whether these rules were broken or not, but I wonder why you would want to rebel against such simple rules that any decent human should follow by default and which are here to hopefully help make this place a little better than the rest of the world. In other words, these are rules that shouldn't even need to exist if we are all striving for the same thing. The fact that they are required every now and then is an indication that they are needed.

wow, that's kinda crazy. i brought up the sexism issue with you privately and was told to deal with it because 'worse had been posted'. i think the rules are too much if they aren't applied across the board. i thought those 'simple rules' made sense to me, yet when i brought them up to you (women posted as objects in the forums) i was told something, basically, to deal with it. by you!

rules are fine (since this isn't a democracy or better an anarchist collective) but they need to be applied across the board.

i'm bummed wandjina is leaving. it strikes me as odd there aren't more women here. i know it isn't because we don't like plants. anyone ever thought about that?

p.s. i still heart you torsten. :worship:

Edited by evolutionNth

yowie - I admire your stupidity. I cant believe everyone is still taunting each other after all this crap. I told myself to stay the hell outta this one, because I am against it all, but that was really not called for champ. After losing a very well respected long time member, and a lot of respect for one another, theres still crap being slung from one end of the thread to another.

Everyone, cut it out. Enough BS is enough. Yowie, as much as that was probably a joke, and I'm sure there was a lot of chuckles from across the board, it was directly pointed at the females of the community and I dont think it was at all called for. We are already an unusual community that is against the grain of mainstream culture with our ethnobotanical gardens. We would cop enough slack from everyday life just for these unusual interests, and to cop this amongst what I was lead to believe was a tight knit society such as this, well, what more can I say that I am absolutely disgusted.

But the coin always has two sides and it is certainly the case here. Both sexes are clearly harassing each other and in all honesty, it probably had to happen sooner or later, as does most good situations. We have before us a brilliant web site that Torsten has no doubt worked his arse off for (with others I'm sure) and a great shop to help us out too. Lets put the crap aside - if it really needs to be said, say it to yourself or simply say it to your monitor - not the people in our community.

That being said, I hope for this to be my first and last post in this disgusting forum. I have lost a lot of respect for people that I held in high esteem before this thread, but I plan on putting that all aside after this post so we can get back to what we came here for - Plants and Fungi, as well as a little bit of a larf and a bit of science and news. Hell even a little medicine. But none of this should ever include disrespectful posts about one another, or people in the community. As is clearly stated in the rules and has been stated clearly over and over, racism, sexism, any disrespect in general is not tolerated.

I've had my rant. I feel somewhat better and a little relieved, though I doubt that this post will be enough to stop the crap. Heres hoping that this BS will stop.

Ace

Both sexes are clearly harassing each other

i don't think it's called 'harassment' when it's two attempting to inform tens. kinda like saying those two black fellas being flogged are 'harassing' all the white settlers by telling them they don't want them on their land. :unsure:

. i keep hush

Edited by YoWiE