The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
XipeTotec

Greenhouse/Hothouse location help

Hi, Just built a small greenhouse, 1.5 m x 1.5 x 700mm, where would be best place for it all year round? would shady spot be best so as not to get too hot? also, should there be some ventlation holes? thanks in advance for your help

Hey shroomy,

I'd think a semi shaded spot would be best - you dont want to microwave your collection :P I have seen most greenhouses with windows/portholes that can be opened/closed depending on heat and other variables. Could be worthwhile adding something similar to your design...

Any chances of a plan or photo? There are a few folks here (me included) who are considering building one, but dont have any good ideas/plans... Cheers!

Hey shroomy,

I'd think a semi shaded spot would be best - you dont want to microwave your collection :P I have seen most greenhouses with windows/portholes that can be opened/closed depending on heat and other variables. Could be worthwhile adding something similar to your design...

Any chances of a plan or photo? There are a few folks here (me included) who are considering building one, but dont have any good ideas/plans... Cheers!

I've cut a couple of windows up the top on mine (just a clear plastic covered one) so I can have a bit of air getting in there during the day and so that heat can escape when it gets pretty hot. Plants seem to like it in there, especially my Salvia Splendens which is growing well. The P.Carthagensis also loves it in there.

I've cut a couple of windows up the top on mine (just a clear plastic covered one) so I can have a bit of air getting in there during the day and so that heat can escape when it gets pretty hot. Plants seem to like it in there, especially my Salvia Splendens which is growing well. The P.Carthagensis also loves it in there.

yeah, I have a small window at base and up top, also, alot of space around the door. No plans unfortunately as I made it up as I went, so its a bit of a wackup. I will take a couple of photos for everyone though.

That'd be tops Shroomy!

unfortuently, upon looking at my final product, although sturdy and effective, I have notice a slant on one of the uprights, making my hothouse appear slightly lopsided. I am still happy, but due to my shame, I cannot post pics, sorry guys(thats what you get when u make it up as you go)

fuck it, just post the damn pictures :P

I'll laugh WITH you, I promise..