The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Guest onemind

Fear of DMT

as i've grown older i've found that trips into the psychedelic world have come w/more baggage

I beg to differ. Most of the monks i know that have the greatest insight and least baggage are over 60. If you lead an untrained and un disciplined life then by the time you are 50 you will be weighed down with wrong views, phobias, worries ect ect.

it seems to me that if i lived celibate in a monastery then it would be quite easy to not have much emotional baggage, but it's hard to see how much insight into the pros & cons ov renting verses getting a mortgage i'd have, let alone how to answer the "does my bum look big in this" question.

living in the secular world requires one to make compromises, decisions, sacrifices etc, which bring baggage w/them.

i totally agree that meditation does wonders to calm the mind but, unless you fancy life as a monk, you will inevitably meet challenges that upset your balance for a time, & that may return to trouble your mind when tripping.

Edited by nabraxas

Well said nab.

You mean Don Juan the figment of that hack con-artist Carlos Castaneda's imagination?

Hehe that argument again :rolleyes:

Bible,Koran...nursery rhymes they all have an essence of truth.

ajna, like myself absorbs what is useful and rejects what is useless..as do you Chronik Fatigue, but none of us have factual and tangeable proof either way :lol:

the idea of clarity as the third enemy helped me get past an adolescent buddhism i was ensnared in for a few years in my early twenties, and they are great psychedelic yarns despite their dubious pedigree :D