The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
egad

CSSA Annual Spring Show

Hey guys, just wondering if any of you guys made it along to the CSSA Annual Spring Show on the weekend? There's been lots of talks from you guys up north of visits to cactus lady's collection/sales over the weekend, but no mention thus far of anyone going to the show down here in Melbourne this weekend.

I went along with a few friends and picked up some great bargains, got there early in the morning and collected a whole bunch of penis plants for $10 - $15 each, along with a bunch of sempivivum tectorum and sempivivum kosanini, love these little guys, so beautiful. My mates decided to splurge and spend a $100 or more each on some peyote, hehe, very nice plants, gorgeous, magical auras. :wub:

Also went back again the next day and grabbed a bunch of flowering echniposis to add some colour and variety to my collection, found a gorgeous yellow flowering mammiliaria along the way too, as well as an aylostera pulvanata gorgeous clumper with beautiful orange flowers popping up all over.

It was full on cactus free for all this weekend! hehe! :lol: So many cacti, so little money, lol. :lol: The fun didn't stop when we left the show, went back to a mate's place to drop him off and picked up some gorgeous new peruvianus and bridgesii cuttings i didn't have yet, that will no doubt make gorgeous new pups in short order. :wub:

I shall enedeavour to take some pics of the lattest additions to my collection and post them up here in the next few days, just need to get the camera charger back.

All in all, a fantastic show, heaps successful and a fairly large step up on last years event. Met plenty of fantastic people, had a wonderful time talking cacti, and i'm eagerly anticipating next year's event already. :blink::innocent_n::huh:B)

well........... i had planned the trip to the show four or so weeks in advance so i could def. attend, and register as a member of cssa............then my mate, who was to drive, pulled out at the last minute so he could go to a car show in wagga and then the fu**er didnt even go to the car show. To add insult to injury he sat at my house saturday nite and sank beers. :BANGHEAD2::angry::uzi:

i was so looking forward to the show and getting some pics and plants.....................

does anyone have any pics of the show at all???

im still pissed off.

Edited by Passive Daemon

Was a good day for all, was good to meet u Hyperspacepixie..

I managed to pick up a nice little caespitosa and a nice diffusa. Could have spet much more money, there were some serious plants on offer..

here are pics of some of the plants on display:

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

9.JPG

10.JPG

Edited by Jack