The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Hagakure

youtube mesc extraction

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neht7HWRHUw...ted&search=

this is a video that originates from another forum and has found its way onto myspace, youtube, google video etc

very good video, very clear instructions

but what are the implications of stuff like this making its way onto popular sites like these?

peopel on the forum this originated from are quite worried.

indeed if nough people know about this, and lots of people start importing dried san pedro, this could make way for laws to make import of dried cactus illegal. (im looking at it from perspective of americans here - this detail wont affect us in oz)

but at the same time is self censorship an issue? this may spark an interest in cacti for many other people out there who would have otherwise never have found it.

surely recruiting more people, in terms of the goal of legalisation of many substances in the long term, is only a good thing.

if your goal is to do what you do in peace, then best to self censor everything and hide it from other people.

so whats everyones opinions?

is stuff like this on mainstream sites like youtube, myspace, googell video somethign to be very worried about or something that may have long term benefits?

Edited by Hagakure

Might also lead to your garden being raided :o

I havn't watched it, but if u want it removed just send in a complaint to utube and it'll be gone. The keybumping youtubes were removed because it wasn't concidered unsuitable.

.... as far as I know..... the person who actually made that vid..... was supposedly arrested in the UK.... for the import of a Class A... substance....... he tried to import 2kg's of dried cactus....!!!!!.... not because of the vid though.....!!!!!!...... but if the authorities know about it..... I'm sure it won't go in his favour.....

...a bit irresponsible if you ask me....!!!!!!

no shit

i actually saw a post admitting that he was trying to import 2kg and it was late arriving and he was getting worried.

now the forum he is on would be very well watched by authorities.

admitting shit like that online and putting the pieces together for them is really fucking stupid

....and in the long run... it's going to effect you and I..... doesn't matter if it's in the US or in the UK that the authorities are watching..... if they put down heavier laws regarding the possesion of Trich cacti...... Australia will soon follow..... and yeah..... we might have our gardens raided......!!!!!..... :angry:

I find people on some of those forums to be very careless sometimes....!!!!..... but hey... what do I know...... :rolleyes: .....!!!!

btw..... did you also read about the way he started pointing fingers at other sellers in the UK.... !!!!!

....hhhhmmmm..... it only leads to total ban....!!!!!

yeah i did read that pointing of the finger

but seriously, what should people do?

self censorship is an option, but no matter what YOU dont say, someone else will say it.

perhaps a better option is to set in place some ideas for the release of information. lets say that that video online had a bit at the start talking about history of cacti use in mexico, sasha talking about his life changing experience, warnings, toxilogical information, stuff like that, then the random punter that comes along and views that video is not going to just see some dude talking some plant matter and making drugs

"ooooooooooh drugs. the policeman at school told me if i take them i will end up stealing all of my parents stuff and selling it."

perhaps the only hope is to release really good information rather than self censor and leave information release to the reckless?

i dont know what the answer is. just throwing some ideas around.

yeah he was busted. I believe the reason for pointing out other sellers is that his defence is that he didnt think it was illegal because you could buy it inside the country so whats illegal about importing it. He was actually tipped off about the raid and so cleaned up smart. As he said in a thread the cops who raided were acting like they were expecting to find a large drug lab, he also mentioned that the cops didnt have a clue about what it was and what it was used for (the cactus) and had to go research it. He is also trying to claim it isnt illegal because it isnt a preparation, that being because it isnt in a state that could be consumed as is, i mean spines ouch.

There are alot more extractions on you tube etc, one the guys were extracting DMT from MHRB and showed their faces and said what they were doing, though they were removing isopropyl alcohol off using a tray above it to condense it and collect it again, oh yeah over an open flame aswell :S

This was somthing which prompted my herbal highs vs enthobotany thread.

Edited by teonanacatl