The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
WarpedAstro

Need help with Sally....

I'm curious if you see an young sally (salvia) plant that has black tips at end of leaves is that mean:

1) too humid?

2) too much water? (waters them once a day and misted/spray with water in the arvo)

3) not enough light or too much light? (the gnome is growing them under the house with only about hour sunlight (filtered, not direct))

4) too much fertizler?? (the gnome who is growing them is only using Seaweed/Fish/Blood&Bone) only using 1/2 strength

5) Soil?? the gnome is using Yate's Dymanic Lifter Mix

It would be great if someone could give me some pointers so I can pass the messages on to the wacko gnome.....Please help the gnome!!! Many Many Thanks WA

in most cases I would say too wet/humid, but if the tips are not blackening fast and are exposed to a good airflow, then this is NOT the problem.

AS there is little active growth at this time of year, it is likely that these are just dry tips from a windy day. Unless they progress heavily I owuldn't worry too much about them. Also leaves are expendable. It's when the growing tips or the side of the stem rot then you are in trouble.